What's new

Search results

1. wazzu83

Applying Constraints: Something so simple, yet it isn't!

That is it. It is a mirror image, but I can work with that. Thanks.
  2. wazzu83

Applying Constraints: Something so simple, yet it isn't!

Not even sure where to begin. I have never struggled so much with applying constraints. Continue to get the "over-constrained or inconsistent sketch" error. I also get really weird results in trying to apply 2D Fillets. I have tried starting from scratch, complete uninstall, shut down, reboot...
  3. wazzu83

Laptop graphics

Has anyone had any experience using Alibre with Intel Iris Xe Graphics? If so, what say you?
  4. wazzu83

Unexplained Alibre Crash

I never even thought to open the individual parts & sub-assemblies. That's too easy. I did, however, open my design through the Edit 3D Model option from within the drawing, then did a Save As and gave the design a new name. None of the parts/sub-assemblies were modified. That worked, so I...
  5. wazzu83

Unexplained Alibre Crash

This is a new one. I am currently using V23. Yes that is old. I plan to upgrade when a large project has been completed. Last time that I upgraded mid-project it was not a pretty sight, hence my hesitance to do so this go around. Anyway, here is what is at issue. I have an assembly design that...
  6. wazzu83

Inserted Node not selectable?

While working in the drawing workspace I have recently experienced something odd. I have inserted a sketch node with the intent of constraining it (mid line) to a part edge (object line) for the sole purpose of placing a circle for a Detail View. For whatever reason, after the Node is placed in...
  7. wazzu83

Licensing Server is down

This sucks ... Can't use the software. Anyone else experiencing this? I called Alibre and spoke with a guy in sales who says that he's not sure what is happening, but mentioned a "new" company. Just received a call back indicating the server is back up before I finished this post. Was...
  8. wazzu83

Annoying fly-out windows

I am working in the drawing environment. I wish to move a view on the sheet. I select the view and the fly-out window with tools to manage said view pops up over the top of the "grab point". Now I have to drag that out of the way to get to the view. This happens in other environments as well...
  9. wazzu83

Unselectable box geometry for Detail View

That was exactly it. I didn't realize that an "association" is maintained with the array function in the 2D drawing environment. I guess that makes for a good day ... I learned something. Thanks Harold.
  10. wazzu83

Unselectable box geometry for Detail View

I am working on a drawing and created 7 identical rectangular boxes for 7 different detail views. In sketch-in-view mode ... 1 - I created the first rectangle 2 - used the linear pattern function to copy said rectangle across the drawing in 6 new locations 3 - created the first detail view...
  11. wazzu83

Dimension Styles Questions (More)

The Font you are pointing to is for Tolerances. Change the Tolerance Method/Type above from None and it will be unlocked.
  12. wazzu83

Dimension Styles copied to NEW Drawing Template??

Not a real simple method. I would Open the landscape version and Save As something like "My Template Portrait". Then erase all borders, title blocks, etc. Next redraw the borders and title blocks, etc. in a portrait arrangement. Then save again. This preserves all of your preset styles etc.
  13. wazzu83

Error: Class Not Registered

What does that mean? I am trying to open part / assembly / drawing files created many versions ago (2014) and I get that error message. Is this a version issue or file corruption? Is there a remedy? Thanks, wazzu
  14. wazzu83

Trouble with sketches

I get that the dimensions are missing, but why do the 2 circled segments show as Fully Defined?
  15. wazzu83

BOM dialogue box a no show

Thanks Ralf!!! Must've fat fingered the check bx that says "Do not show this dialog next time"
  16. wazzu83

Trouble with sketches

A couple of things come to mind ... 1) Check the sketch and make sure it is closed and there are no errors. 2) Sometimes I have to close the sketch and re-open to overcome what you are seeing. It's like Alibre is slow to respond to a fully constrained sketch.
  17. wazzu83

BOM dialogue box a no show

I was inserting BOM call outs to parts and the BOM dialogue box has disappeared. A shut down reboot didn't help. Interestingly enough the ID bubbles stick without the OK. The ONLY way I can get the dialogue box to reappear is to ... 1) insert a call-out, 2) select different drawing tool (to get...
  18. wazzu83

Interference Check annoyance

Am I the only one that would like the ability to expand the dialogue window horizontally to see the results? I know that I can increase width of the columns within the window, but that just doesn't cut it. Small potatoes, but still.
  19. wazzu83

Licensing portal

I created a notepad text file [license.txt] that is saved on each of my computers and project thumb drives. That way I always have access to it.
  20. wazzu83

Warning for Windows 10 users on Laptops

Speaking of Windows ... from an Inc. article posted on July 8. Microsoft Issues Emergency Windows Fix