What's new

Search results

1. wazzu83

Applying Constraints: Something so simple, yet it isn't!

Not even sure where to begin. I have never struggled so much with applying constraints. Continue to get the "over-constrained or inconsistent sketch" error. I also get really weird results in trying to apply 2D Fillets. I have tried starting from scratch, complete uninstall, shut down, reboot...
  2. wazzu83

Laptop graphics

Has anyone had any experience using Alibre with Intel Iris Xe Graphics? If so, what say you?
  3. wazzu83

Unexplained Alibre Crash

This is a new one. I am currently using V23. Yes that is old. I plan to upgrade when a large project has been completed. Last time that I upgraded mid-project it was not a pretty sight, hence my hesitance to do so this go around. Anyway, here is what is at issue. I have an assembly design that...
  4. wazzu83

Inserted Node not selectable?

While working in the drawing workspace I have recently experienced something odd. I have inserted a sketch node with the intent of constraining it (mid line) to a part edge (object line) for the sole purpose of placing a circle for a Detail View. For whatever reason, after the Node is placed in...
  5. wazzu83

Licensing Server is down

This sucks ... Can't use the software. Anyone else experiencing this? I called Alibre and spoke with a guy in sales who says that he's not sure what is happening, but mentioned a "new" company. Just received a call back indicating the server is back up before I finished this post. Was...
  6. wazzu83

Annoying fly-out windows

I am working in the drawing environment. I wish to move a view on the sheet. I select the view and the fly-out window with tools to manage said view pops up over the top of the "grab point". Now I have to drag that out of the way to get to the view. This happens in other environments as well...
  7. wazzu83

Unselectable box geometry for Detail View

I am working on a drawing and created 7 identical rectangular boxes for 7 different detail views. In sketch-in-view mode ... 1 - I created the first rectangle 2 - used the linear pattern function to copy said rectangle across the drawing in 6 new locations 3 - created the first detail view...
  8. wazzu83

Error: Class Not Registered

What does that mean? I am trying to open part / assembly / drawing files created many versions ago (2014) and I get that error message. Is this a version issue or file corruption? Is there a remedy? Thanks, wazzu
  9. wazzu83

BOM dialogue box a no show

I was inserting BOM call outs to parts and the BOM dialogue box has disappeared. A shut down reboot didn't help. Interestingly enough the ID bubbles stick without the OK. The ONLY way I can get the dialogue box to reappear is to ... 1) insert a call-out, 2) select different drawing tool (to get...
  10. wazzu83

Interference Check annoyance

Am I the only one that would like the ability to expand the dialogue window horizontally to see the results? I know that I can increase width of the columns within the window, but that just doesn't cut it. Small potatoes, but still.
  11. wazzu83

Can you chamfer sheet metal edge?

I have tried multiple approaches at creating a 45° chamfer along the two top long edges of this simple sheet metal part. Methods include creating base part by basic tab method, contour flange method and convert to sheet metal. Adding chamfer with chamfer tool (edges not selectable in SM space)...
  12. wazzu83

Is this a safe use for Save As ... ?

I have developed 3D models and shop drawings an entire series of pipe hangers and clamps for a client. I have been asked to make some subtle changes, but I need to preserve the integrity and viability of all of the original work. Can I open an original drawing then using the Save As ... option...
  13. wazzu83

So this is frustrating ...

So, I've added a couple of sketch nodes to a drawing. Can't seem to select them using any of the constraint tools? :mad: Using HOOPS. Where's The Football?
  14. wazzu83

Now this is troubling ...

I am in the process of designing a storage shed. The model has been easy enough to create to this point. I reached the stage where I wanted to create a BOM so I could generate a budgetary cost of materials. The created BOM is unreliable at this point. I have encountered some errors that are...
  15. wazzu83

Are Rotated Section Views possible?

Consider the plan view of a building structure consisting of HSS columns and W section beams. The goal is to display section views that detail the column / beam connections. As long as my section cut lines are horizontal and I choose the arrows up section view option the views are properly...
  16. wazzu83

AD V22 Error on closing, occasionally

This error (see screen shot) occurs, occasionally, after closing AD. This window appears about 3-5 seconds after closing the main AD Home window. All AD incidents (parts, assemblies, drawings) have been previously closed ahead of time. It remains visible for 1-2 seconds then disappears, despite...
  17. wazzu83

Alibre Viewer

I noticed during my recent bounce back and forth between V21 and V22 that there is a "Viewer" checkbox at the enter license part of the installation/activation process. Having always upgraded versions from within AD, I never encountered this step. I would like to share AD Viewer capability with...
  18. wazzu83

Need some help recovering from a V22 error

Posted a question in the General Discussion thread about reverting to V21. I have successfully accomplished that, but have encountered a new set of problems. Basically, I have a project that was originally created in V21. I upgraded to V22. I opened the major assembly file and created (3) pkg...
  19. wazzu83

How do I revert to V21?

I held off upgrading from V21 to V22 until I completed a project. Now I regret the decision to upgrade. I have to make a few changes to the drawings which are opening with a string of errors. Any edits result in disappearing title block and other issues. Fortunately, I haven't saved any work...
  20. wazzu83

Disappearing Detail View

I created 3 independent 2 sheet drawings with the intent of assembling as a single 6 sheet drawing as a pdf file. The AD drawings were not to be combined ... just the printed pdfs, so the three drawing files remain independent of one another. One drawing is sheets 1 & 4, one is sheets 2 & 3 the...