What's new

Search results

1. M

Helix extrusion for multiple thread

Thanks for testing this in a current version. "a little clean up at the end" doesn't cut it because the second thread doesn't start with a vertical face like it should. (Well, it does but pitch/2 below the proper location.) I actually tried that as my first workaround. However, in this thread...
  2. M

Yes. That's a workaround. But as I see it, that's not how the helix-extrusion tool SHOULD behave. Can anyone test if current versions of Alibre Design still behave this way? Workaround: Since dimensions are given in diameter, I made one side a reference. Then made another sketch projecting the...
  3. M

I am designing a double-start thread. So my sketch designs both sides of the axis and then I do a helical extrusion. Somehow the helical extrusion tool creates geometry below the start of my thread and one thread ends early at the end. PS: My Alibre version is 2018.0.1 [build 19033] because I'm...
  4. M

2019- List of New Features or Fixes

I guess nothing has happened in the last 2 years regarding the removed mesh-import feature?
  5. M

Making 3D printable threads

With resin 3d printing I am regularly designing M5 threads for a a tolerance class 11 interference fit to use a thread forming tool or as an H11 clearance fit to use directly. Being able to select standard threads including fits (aim for the center of the range without getting out the...
  6. M

Placing parameters in notes

The issue of referencing parameters in text-geometry is >11 years old now. I am using a very ugly and limited workaround: A sketch with all possible texts for a parameter value Vx=1,2,3,4,... (you see where the limitation is) Each text is located by an offset D=(PARAM-Vx)*100 mm So all text...
  7. M

Trying Alibre and need to know if this kind of loft is possible

I guess you meant to say "if we had mesh import option AGAIN". It was a feature until it was removed in 2018.1 .
  8. M

STL Import

Alibre used to have this feature. See this thread about version 2018.1 https://www.alibreforum.com/forum/index.php?threads/alibre-design-2018-1-and-alibre-atom3d-are-live.20422/#post-130101 It was very good and worked for large, organic meshes but it was removed. I'm still keeping the old...
  9. M

To renew or not to renew ?

With one exception apparently. When you dropped out of maintenance because you required the mesh feature and thus could not update and dropped your now-useless maintenance contract. See here: https://www.alibreforum.com/forum/index.php?threads/grrr.20313/page-2#post-130069 ;)
  10. M

So re-adding the removed Mesh Support will be in Alibre Design 2020 or later but not yet in 2019, won't it be?
  11. M

Parametize a "linear repetition" inside a sketch sheet like when doing a linear repetition of 3D features. Currently it just copy and pastes sketch -elements with no link of the copies to reflect later changes to the original nor a way to asign variables to the count and distance of repetitions.
  12. M

:( Still waiting and holding out with Alibre Design 2018.
  13. M

Alibre Script - script requests

"I want a script that exports every component in an assembly as a STL file" ;) +1 for pocket holes and dovetails I want a script to add a functional (non-cosmetic) standard-thread onto a hole or shaft. I want a script to add a NEMAxy motor mounting point onto a plane. (with constraints between...
  14. M

GRRR

Good idea. Last time I tried was with R16. I tried R17.13522 this morning and sadly after 10 hours of "create shape from mesh" it's still the old hourglass.
  15. M

GRRR

I can't run a legacy version of Alibre in parallel with the current one. The installer won't allow that. I require the ability to open my existing projects and still modify them including display of the contained meshes. I guess this is a very common requirement. The existing projects are the...
  16. M

GRRR

The result of the removal of mesh support is not to update. The result of not updating is questioning if one shall remain in a support contract for updates. The alternative is to let it expire with a financial penalty when possibly getting back in at an unknown time in the future (when/if the...
  17. M

GRRR

And either pay a support contract without being able to actually make use of it or pay the penalty of getting back into support when it has expired in the mean time :/
  18. M

AlibreScript Hints and Tips

An example of an "export STL and start external program with it" -script would be great I imagine for 3D printing that's something many people want to script first.
  19. M

Alibre Design 2018.1 and Alibre Atom3D are live

What is the status of the alternatives that you are looking into? Until meshes are reintroduced, I won't be able to update ever again. This makes it difficult to renew my support contract and support you guys, when it expires mid of next month. Will the 2018.0 -version stay available for...
  20. M

Reproducable crash

Thanks. I didn't know about that one. Sadly there is nothing of use in there. The last entries are: ***** Time: 21.06.2018 05:53:17***** Could not find RIBBON_GROUP_REGENERATE_ICON in size ExLarge Could not find RIBBON_GROUP_REGENERATE_ICON in size Medium Could not find FILE_NEW_ICON in size...