What's new

Search results

1. W

Keyshot 12 Released

As I said: Keyshot 12 (AKA 2023)
  2. W

Keyshot 12 Released

Released 03/14/2023, AKA Keyshot 2023 Recognizes Alibre license. https://www.keyshot.com/resources/downloads/
  3. W

V25 - Some aspects of UI performance are visibly not as good as V24

I find that v25 is so SLOOOOOW as to be almost unuseable. It seems to be the raw computation, not the graphics. Every time I do almost anything, minutes are spent "updating topologies". 10th gen i7
  4. W

V24 issues

I had the EXACT same problem with a complex assembly. When, after about 20 minutes, it finally fully loaded, I saved it and since the loading takes only about 20s.
  5. W

Poll - Screen Resolution / DPI

2560x1600 @150% (LG Gram 17) 2560x1080 @100% (External wide-screen)
  6. W

KeyShot 10 is out

9 has been OK, but 10 on one of my machines asks to send a 53Mb error report EVERY time it launches???
  7. W

KeyShot 10 is out

I was wrong. Keyshot 10 doesn't work properly with Alibre 10. You can run it (10).. it seems to recognize the Alibre license, but the Alibre Render function fails. K10 import fails and viewing bip's created in previous versions doesn't work very well. I've reinstalled Keyshot 9
  8. W

KeyShot 10 is out

I can confirm Keyshot 10 works with Alibre 22. I downloaded/installed Keyshot10, then uninstalled Keyshot 9.
  9. W

IDF Modeler for Alibre 2017

V 3.2.1 For Alibre 2019 doesn't work with build 20055 and especially not with high DPI displays.
  10. W

2018 is live

The Alibre Crash problem on my Win10 Pro system posted earlier may have been related to the graphics driver. Rolled back to a previous version and it seems to work. This rollback was prompted by a Keyshot 7.3.37 error about OpenGL 2.0 not available.
  11. W

2018 is live

Alas that didn't help
  12. W

2018 is live

Updated to 2018 on 2 machines: Win7 Pro - PERFECT! Win10 Pro (1607) - not so much. When I try to edit ANY feature sketch or try to create a new sketch, the program crashes: Alibre Design has stopped working A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will...
  13. W

NEW ALIBRE INSTALL - REPEATED REBOOT REQUESTS

I had the same problem. Reinstalled this time permitting a desktop shortcut, and it seems to work. An earlier version of Alibre (maybe 4 years back, before GD) had the same issue.
  14. W

Can't get Geomagic Design 2014 to run on Vista

"...then delete any not desired afterwards." ONLY after an update is released that fixes the problem! The 15081 program looks for these things at launch. If they aren't found, it wants to run GeomagicDesign.msi that no longer exists to restore them. It won't work without them! BTW since this...
  15. W

Problem seems to be related to an issue that was present in an earlier version (v2011) and corrected: http://forum.alibre.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12012 You are REQUIRED to let the install create a Desktop icon and Start Menu entry. If you don't check both boxes during install, you are toast...
  16. W

EXACTLY the same problem for me on XP SP3. Only I don't have 2013 any more to go back to. No reply from support. Doesn't anybody try this stuff before releasing?
  17. W

Part won't export to a solid

I loaded your AD_PRT file into 2012.052...seemd OK. Alibre CRASHES when I try to export it to either 203 or 214 flavor of .STP. Export to .IGS and then re-importing it also results in a bad part (63 vertices not OK???) I can also confirm import failure of your .igs & .stp files. Translate has...
  18. W

ZSurf4 - convert a *.bmp to a 3D NURBS surface to IGES

Ralf, Thanks for your quick reply. I guess I should have been more specific. I'd like to put a bunch of bumps on the surface of a shape created in Alibre. I can create the .IGS NURBS file from Zsurf4, but can I map it to the convex surface of the Alibre shape in MOI? I've attached the files...
  19. W

ZSurf4 - convert a *.bmp to a 3D NURBS surface to IGES

Ralf, Exactly how do you map the converted .IGS onto a curved surface as you have shown? Thanks,
  20. W

2011.62a & STL

Raf, Thanks for the guidance. Your suggestion produces an 18MB file. There are a couple of small 'bumps', but it is much better. SW08 produces a better quality .STL at only 324KB (although binary rather than ASCII)??? Bill