What's new

oilman

Update went smooth for me. The performance improvements are quite refreshing. It was well worth the maintenance update.

dsage

The install didn't go so smooth for me. Not a big deal but the window with the sweeping progress bar covered up the window below it which was indicating that the install couldn't proceed because it needed to close some interfering apps. About a 1/2 hour later after wondering what was going on I moved the windows around and saw the message, clicked to allow it to close the apps and all went well after that.

RwSkinner

That got me also. I know since Windows 8 that new windows don't always show "on top" like they used to. Even setting the focus to the new window doesn't bring them to the front all the time.

After I turned off the Ribbon / Glass option mine has been doing pretty good.

RCH_Projects

Alibre Super User
The install didn't go so smooth for me. Not a big deal but the window with the sweeping progress bar covered up the window below it which was indicating that the install couldn't proceed because it needed to close some interfering apps. About a 1/2 hour later after wondering what was going on I moved the windows around and saw the message, clicked to allow it to close the apps and all went well after that.

In general, alt-tab should allow you to cycle through open windows (8.1 Windows). I don't know what "10" might do to you.

RwSkinner

In general, alt-tab should allow you to cycle through open windows (8.1 Windows). I don't know what "10" might do to you.

Yes, but if you're not aware there is a user dialog hiding behind another window then you don't know it's waiting for input. After waiting a really long time and you get suspicious then it's time to look for hidden windows. I'm not so sure this is an Alibre installer issue, but more of a modern windows issue because I see it with software I design as well.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
The install didn't go so smooth for me. Not a big deal but the window with the sweeping progress bar covered up the window below it which was indicating that the install couldn't proceed because it needed to close some interfering apps.
Whenever I am installing updates to any program, Alibre, KeyShot, Affinity, whatever, I try to make it a practice to exit all other running programs. You never know when some shared .dll will need to be overwritten.

JST

Alibre Super User
Installed it. No issues that I noticed.

Does not seem any faster than the old version, but I have less memory than is claimed to be required, so that might affect it. That is due to change, but has not as of yet, need to find a laptop I like..

jack_

Why I can't import STL or OBJ files?? It's an missing option in Expert version?
I still see import settings in Options menu.

JST

Alibre Super User
2018.2 is now refusing to start about 40% or more of the time. I started a new thread on this.