What's new

2018 Impressions

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Hi All,
What happens with this bug? When I want to change the number of sides of the polygon this message appears. Alibre Design11 had the same bug. So I do like know if will be some improvement with this issue.
Actually I am running Version: 2018.1.1 64-bit [Build 19055]
Thanks.
View attachment 26538
When reproducing whats in the dialog box - I get no such bug on mine. Even creating it works fine.
Can you list your steps

GIOV

Alibre Super User
Ok Nate:
Part>2D Sketch>Active 2D Sketch>Figure>Polygon(by default 6 sides>Change to 7 >Click into the center reference and Error because return to default 6 Sides>
May be is my hard-drive, but the issue exist in my two laptops .One 32 Bits AD11 and the other 64 Bits AD18.1.1
upload_2018-11-4_14-9-14.png
upload_2018-11-4_14-18-23.png

upload_2018-11-4_14-17-27.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-11-4_14-10-12.png
    upload_2018-11-4_14-10-12.png
    132 KB · Views: 1
  • upload_2018-11-4_14-12-35.png
    upload_2018-11-4_14-12-35.png
    135.3 KB · Views: 1

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Ok, in Version: 2018.1.1 64-bit [Build 19055] it does jump back to 6 instead of 7 but I don't get any error message.
It must not be changing the value until the user exits the textbox - Something I see in other areas of the software too.
For now I recommend hitting tab after typing a number in.

bigseb

Alibre Super User
Ok, in Version: 2018.1.1 64-bit [Build 19055] it does jump back to 6 instead of 7 but I don't get any error message.
It must not be changing the value until the user exits the textbox - Something I see in other areas of the software too.
For now I recommend hitting tab after typing a number in.
Text in sketch mode does this. Enter the text height and it jumps back to the default if I'm not quick enough. Annoying that things like this still occur.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
I've noticed that if your entering dimension values in sketch mode, the value textbox looses focus if the mouse hovers out of the textbox! It's caught me out on a few occasions and really shouldn't loose focus until you click outside the textbox! A right pain if you draw a line, then type a value in the length box, then tab to the next textbox (i.e. angle) only to find the mouse has moved halfway though the process and it's already accepted the default values.

jhiker

Alibre Super User
I've noticed that if your entering dimension values in sketch mode, the value textbox looses focus if the mouse hovers out of the textbox! It's caught me out on a few occasions and really shouldn't loose focus until you click outside the textbox! A right pain if you draw a line, then type a value in the length box, then tab to the next textbox (i.e. angle) only to find the mouse has moved halfway though the process and it's already accepted the default values.
If you have a sensitive mouse this can be a real pain. It's caught me out too. I enter a dimension, the mouse moves a miniscule amount and Alibre thinks I'm dragging to set the dimension. I often have to go back and edit the dimension!
It doesn't have to move much, even a little bit of movement in the mouse cable will do it.

Last edited:

simonb65

Alibre Super User
I enter a dimension, the mouse moves a miniscule amount and Alibre thinks I'm dragging to set the dimension. I often have to go back and edit the dimension!
Maybe it would have been better to cancel the mouse based placement operation as soon as the first character is typed into the editbox ... maybe that would have kept the focus in the editbox and would stop this very annoying 'feature' !

Nick952

With the Regular Polygon, I've found that after entering the number of sides, you need to Select either Internal or External diameter of the polygon, even if you want to use the default internal diameter setting, you still have to select it, this then locks the number of sides to that entered .

Last edited: