What's new

Alibre Design OpenOffice connect

Giov & All,

WizoScript has the ability to read in values from LibreOffice calc spreadsheets so long as they are saved in xlsx format. Also, there is a Python API interface library for LibreOffice that I am still trying to make heads or tails of in my "copious free time." If the appropriate calls can be decoded and integrated into WizoScript, this could become a "solved" issue. (A) I am still trying to wrap (what's left of) my mind around Python and (B) I am moderately close to being buried in work.

That said, I have been making (a bit of) progress towards a scheme to use CSV file output to "drive" a number of WizoScript operations. The WizoScript csv library has a number of capabilities along these lines. The hard part is setting up an applied type value that defines what the CSV file values will be used to accomplish. I have mostly used this ability to set Equation Editor values (at this point in time), but I have been scheming about how to make this a more generalized data-import tool.

It has been more than two decades since I was a hotshot programmer (in C and FORTH) for DOS or Linux applications. You use it or you lose it -- and I have lost it!

GIOV

Alibre Super User
Lew_Merrick said:
It has been more than two decades since I was a hotshot programmer (in C and FORTH) for DOS or Linux applications. You use it or you lose it -- and I have lost it!
Lew,
Thanks very much for you response, I tried to install WizoScript in my laptop but my security system make a big alert. I am not Idea what is the reason. I am not a programmer only I need to have the spreadsheet function as parametric edit tools with OO.
Out of topic:
Will be the fission nuclear radiation absorbed by the fusion nuclear? If yes it will save a lot of life. Maybe you have a lot to do and of course you aren't losing. I am not of the soviet idea.
GIOV

GIOV said:
Lew,
Thanks very much for you response, I tried to install WizoScript in my laptop but my security system make a big alert. I am not Idea what is the reason. I am not a programmer only I need to have the spreadsheet function as parametric edit tools with OO.
Out of topic:
Will be the fission nuclear radiation absorbed by the fusion nuclear? If is yes it will save a lot of life. Maybe you have a lot to do and of course you aren't losing. I am not of the soviet idea.
There should be no problem installing WizoScript on any computer so long as you are set as Administrator when you do the install. The "problem" is going to be learning enough of the Python programming language to be able to use it effectively. I have, by dint of effort, managed to accomplish a number of good things using WizoScript. The main thing is that you have to cast numeric data into integer or floating point to use them. The Python approach is somewhat strange to an old C programmer...

==> Will be the fission nuclear radiation absorbed by the fusion nuclear?

I am not sure I understand the question. Fission reactions emit radioactive particles. Fusion reactions do not -- and the absorption of such particles is (in terms of classical physics) nearly zero. [At least as far as I understand such things.]

GIOV

Alibre Super User
Lew_Merrick said:
GIOV said:
Lew,
==> Will be the fission nuclear radiation absorbed by the fusion nuclear?

I am not sure I understand the question. Fission reactions emit radioactive particles. Fusion reactions do not -- and the absorption of such particles is (in terms of classical physics) nearly zero. [At least as far as I understand such things.]
I understand that the Fission-Fusion as hybrid have the capability of absorb the radioactive waste particles.
GIOV

ajayre

Alibre Super User
GIOV said:
I tried to install WizoScript in my laptop but my security system make a big alert. I am not Idea what is the reason.

Can you please elaborate on this?

I've had a few cases where anti-virus software flagged WizoScript as a problem but this is a false-positive caused by the copy-protection I use. But you don't have to take my word for it, upload your copy of the installer to virustotal.com and it will be scanned against 40+ anti-virus programs. If a single anti-virus program isn't happy I can send the installer to them for analysis as a false-positive and they will update their database.

In general it would be very helpful to me, as the developer of a free utility, if people contacted me about problems they encounter rather than keeping quiet. It's the best way for me to improve the software or provide assistance.

Andy

GIOV

Alibre Super User
Ralf said:
Hi to all Alibre and OpenOffice user,
V10 SP1 Alibre Design OpenOffice Connect
( XP SP2 + SP3 and Vista 32 bit with OpenOffice 2.3, 2.4,)
- Download OpenOffice Connect
- Install
- Start OpenOffice with a blank sheet and save with a new name,
- Start Alibre Design,
- Start OpenOffice Connect
It is free, but only for all Alibre Design user. :lol:
I have found the Connect update for Open Office 4.1.1 and run Excelent. Only remain the CubicSpline.
I am studying the wizoScript in spide of the fact that I am not programmer..
GIOV

Attachments

• Alibre14,0,4,14056 -OpenOffice4.JPG
    Alibre14,0,4,14056 -OpenOffice4.JPG
    179.9 KB · Views: 35

GIOV

Alibre Super User
Hi all,
I have found the CubicSpline for Open Office4.1.1.
The Open Office Connect and CubicSpline are excelent tools due the potencial capabilities to many assembles in Alibre design. :idea:
The WizoScript are my next step in Alibre GD parametrical methods.
GIOV

Attachments

• CubicSpline in Open Office4.JPG
    CubicSpline in Open Office4.JPG
    169.6 KB · Views: 24

GIOV

Alibre Super User
Ok,
I have studied the Andy's WizoScript parametric method and get through in a few second a part drawing after load a text file into Script-tab. :D
It is not clear yet how the script reads a spreadsheet values.

Attachments

• WizoScript03.JPG
    WizoScript03.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 53