What's new

Alibre Design OpenOffice connect

indesign

Alibre Super User
Just had to remove V8 AVG (full pro version) on my CAD system. It was causing many issues for some reason but not the anti-virus. The Firwall was blocking things after it updated that it did not do before. I attempted a re-install but still had issues. I had to open the firewall completely and that defeats the purpose of having it.

dudley

I do not have the software set to block any specific processes. And log files do not show that it is blocking anything.

dudley

Thanks for your time Ralf. We will have to continue another day. I must go now. Have a good night. Or is it day in Germany??

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Yes I agree Tim, it costs unnecessary time to uninstall and to solve all the problems...
...and then the start of the next Antivir application...costs also time.
Sometimes it's very frustrating.

ramirin

I uninstalled antivir and went back to OO 2.3 (v3.0 was very unstable with wxp and I happened to have 2.3 package on my hd). Now ooconnect opens and finds dimensions of design correctly, but I can't make connection to spreadsheet..

I have selected oo file and I can select sheet from drop down box but when I click ok, it still looks like I haven't created connection to any cells.

Scrnshot of my situation attached, when I click ok to Edit parameters box 'cell' 'worksheet' and 'unit' does not appear to list..

What am I missing here?

Attachments

• oo_connect1.jpg
    oo_connect1.jpg
    566.2 KB · Views: 364

dudley

Hello Ralf,

I can confirm that OOconnect works with Openoffice 2.4 but does not work with Openoffice 3.0. I removed 3.0 and installed 2.4. OOconnect now works perfectly. The attached image is OOconnect running with Openoffice 2.4. Perhaps something has changed with Openoffice 3.0 or it has introduced a bug. What ever has happened with version 3.0, it will not allow OOconnect to run on my computer.

Thanks

Attachments

• OOconnect.jpg
    OOconnect.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 402

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Hi Duane,

Thank you for your feedback. :)
There is indeed a problem and therefore we are in touch with the OpenOffice team.

dudley

Hello Ralf,

I have tried reinstalling 3.0 to its own directory and leaving the 2.4 installation so that both versions are installed and working. I then started Calc 2.4 and opened the spreadsheet related to the Alibre part. I then opened the Alibre part file and tried to start OOconnect. It would not work. Just installing 3.0 will break the add-on. I hope this information will be useful in diagnosing the problem.

Thank you very much for your effort with this.

tmills

Does anyone know if there is a plan to fix this to run with OpenOffice 3.0?
There are so many improvments with the 3.0 version I would like to be able to move to it?

ser79ban

i've installed today both AlibreX and OpenOffice. The ADooConect doesn't even start so i don't know if is working. Can anybody tell me if it work and i have to try harder or is better to stop?

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Hi Steve,

The Openoffice OO plugin works well with OO 2.4 and Alibre V11.2.
Openoffice plugin and OO 3.xx we have not finished and it will still take some months.