What's new

Alibre Design OpenOffice connect

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Over the next few months we will have no free time for further development of our OOconnect tool.
Therefore, we have decided to publish our tool for everyone -> following the "Free open source idea". :)

The current version is working up to OpenOffice 2.4.

The following file contains the Visual studio 2008 project file: ~ 5,8 MB
Visual studio project file of OOconnect

steveastro

Hi Ralf,
Thanks for the source code. Do you guys have any ideas why 3.0 broke your lovely code ? Have OO changed the API radically ?

Steve

EVR

Hi guys

Can you just explane to me what is this all about? why do we need this and what dose it do?

steveastro

OpenOffice integration allows other spreadsheets to drive dimensions in Alibre parts, a similar function to the Excel integration.

Steve

JL82

Is OOC working with V12 and Vista Business?

I have Vista XP Business FIN, Open Office 2.4 and Professional V12. The window of the OOC open, but I can't see parameter. I can choose the part but no configuration.

Attachments

• alibre_forum.jpg
    alibre_forum.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 301

H-L-Smith

64 Bit Vista Version?

Ralf,

I use OpenOffice on all three of my computers, but have a 64 bit version of Vista on my HP Laptop. Do you have any plans to create a 64 bit version of OpenOffice Connect? I notice your first post says it's for Windows XP or 32 bit Vista.

Thanks,

Lonnie

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Please take a look. :)

ralf3 said:
Over the next few months we will have no free time for further development of our OOconnect tool.
Therefore, we have decided to publish our tool for everyone -> following the "Free open source idea". :)

The current version is working up to OpenOffice 2.4.

The following file contains the Visual studio 2008 project file: ~ 5,8 MB
Visual studio project file of OOconnect

desman

Ralf is no longer working on this, so this question is for anyone that can help. I have read everything on this topic but have not been able to solve the problem. I have Open Office connect opening properly but for the life of me it does not update the spreadsheet. I am using Open Office 2.4.3, Alibre 12.0 and windows XP.

Thanks
Alan

hellpit

Why after installing program OOconnectit it will not open??
I have Win XP and Alibre 12.1
Anyone know why this happens

stpw

OOConnect does not work with Alibre 2011 :-(

Work :) Copy AlibreX.dll from Alibre 2011 to ..\Addons\OOconnect
(OpenOffice 2.4.2)

Sauzer

It would be great if someone can update open office connect, I would really appreciate this. Unfortunately I can't do anything because I don't understand nothing about programming :( . I think that for this add-on we can pay something..

IF someone can point me at the information needed to do such things, I can try to put together a widget for operating from OpenOffice. I am a mediumly-skilled programmer (better at mathematical algorithms than OS interfacing), but I have access to some highly skilled programmers. Max & company, are you listening here?

RichardSW

Hey everyone looking for an update for OpenOffice Connect - I've put a suggestion on the Alibre Design Suggestions Forum (see link below) for this to be updated and included with the next release, or offered as a stand alone. Please go and vote for this, unless you can program a solution, in which case, please help us all out here.

http://feedback.alibre.com/forums/16127 ... ?ref=title

Thanks
Richard

shadowbane

Attached is ooconnect ported to alibre 2012 open office 3.4.1.

I haven't tested it with anything else. This is just a hobby for me, so use at your own risk. I'm unlikely to provide any kind of support.

Attachments

• OOconnect_2012_3.4.zip
    563.3 KB · Views: 29

GIOV

Alibre Super User
Ralf said:
Hi to all Alibre and OpenOffice user,
V10 SP1 Alibre Design OpenOffice Connect
( XP SP2 + SP3 and Vista 32 bit with OpenOffice 2.3, 2.4,)
- Download OpenOffice Connect
- Install
- Start OpenOffice with a blank sheet and save with a new name,
- Start Alibre Design,
- Start OpenOffice Connect
It is free, but only for all Alibre Design user. :lol:
Hi Ralf,
1.-Will be great if you update the file for Open Office 4.1.1
I do like make my spreadsheet with this tool.
Another one:
2.- Do you have cubicspline for OO4?
The links that I have found are the followings:
http://mathworld.wolfram.com/CubicSpline.html
http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/spline.html
http://www.srs1software.com/SRS1CubicSp ... Excel.aspx (It's free with less capabilities) Work very well for hull and structures in excel spreadsheet.
Alibre Geomagic Design will be Amazing with Open Office and these two tools, only need as Rhino3d with nesting capabilities onto Sheet metal part!
Hydrostatics and Stability with Tanks (FS) will be excellent in the future.(Dynamics?)
GIOV