What's new

Alibre User "Shot Gallery"

memiles

Re: Alibre User "HyperShot Gallery"

My Nephew (an MD) gave me a challenge... "Try this" So I did. Simple but he liked it.

Attachments

• untitled.1.jpg
    untitled.1.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 360

Ralf

Alibre Super User

I want to post an Alibre V12 assembly for everyone, but please do not resale this modell. :)

Attachments

• adler.jpg
    adler.jpg
    518.4 KB · Views: 327
  • Eagle.jpg
    Eagle.jpg
    511.1 KB · Views: 300
  • Adler_.zip
    1 MB · Views: 280

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User

Ralf, This is an epic coincidence. When I got home from work my girlfriend gave me this kit.

Attachments

• Eagle low res.JPG
    Eagle low res.JPG
    188.4 KB · Views: 288

Ralf

Alibre Super User

Yes Nate, that's quite a mystical telepathy. :D

memiles

Ralf & Nate.

Living in a Hotel for the last 4 months an additional 6+ possible, I was thinking of going to the Hobby Shop next door and purchasing an aircraft model to do the same thing. Think it would be fun and pass the time.

Mike

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User

So far we have done a large pirate ship, frog, koala bear, and now an eagle. Next a squirrel and then another large one. Perhaps a military tank. They are good shelf pieces, fun and a fairly cheap hobby.

Sent from my wii.

Ralf

Alibre Super User

Nate,

What would you think if your girl friend would surprise you with this ~24,00 meter model? :lol:
Btw:
- Alibre V12 beta
- Laptop T61p / 2 x 2,2 GHz
- Nvidia Q FX 570 mob.
- 4 GB RAM
- Windows 7 / 64 bit

Attachments

• TR-03.JPG
    TR-03.JPG
    224.4 KB · Views: 310
  • TR-02.JPG
    TR-02.JPG
    392.6 KB · Views: 313
  • TR-01.JPG
    TR-01.JPG
    351.2 KB · Views: 326

HaroldL

Alibre Super User

I got the inspiration for this one from an image I saw on another web site,
( http://www.iamanangelchaser.com/files/c ... ideas.html ).
I had to turn up the Ray Bounces to 12 to get the "right" look. Any lower and some of the reflections wouldn't look right, any higher and I could discern no change.
Glass intrigues me for rendering, but I just don't have the computer for it, at least not yet.
I had to set up the view with Clay material applied to all the parts so I could manipulate the view. Once the glass was applied the preview pretty much came to a halt and would only move after waiting a few seconds, so I had to be very careful about how much I moved anything as it would overshoot what I wanted. So, I applied the clay, set and saved the view, and then locked the camera so I wouldn't bump it accidentally.

HyperShot Web v1.9, 800 x 450
Material for tray: 18k Gold Smooth from the Test Metals downloaded from Bunkspeed
Material for glasses: Window glass, IOR: 1.5, Two sided.
Render settings:
Samples: 16
Ray bounces:12
Anti Aliasing Level: 4
Shadow Quality: 1
Global Illumination Quality: 1
Pixel Filter Size: 1
Render Time: just over 5 1/2 minutes

System:
HP NW9440
CPU: Intel Core2 Duo T7400 @2.16GHz
Ram: 2GB @2.16GHz
Graphics: Nvidia Quadro FZ 1500M w/512MB

H.
v11.2

Attachments

• Glasses on Tray.jpg
    Glasses on Tray.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 326

jhiker

Alibre Super User

That's nice! Glass has come out well :D

Looks like several trays stacked up - is that the case?

jhiker

Alibre Super User

Interesting website in the link....

Incidentally, the 'product logo' typeface alphabet has the letter 's' missing. Should be '...brown fox jumps..' not '...brown fox jumped..'
This is a fairly common mistake, I think.

Yours pedantically,
Jeff

HaroldL

Alibre Super User

jhiker said:
That's nice! Glass has come out well :D

Looks like several trays stacked up - is that the case?

Just one tray, there is a rim with some scalloped detail that makes it look that way.
Here is a close up in Clay:

H.
v11.2

Attachments

• tray rim detail.jpg
    tray rim detail.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 254

HaroldL

Alibre Super User

I noticed that Alibre STEP files imported into HS were rotated on the X axis by 90 degrees while SolidWorks .sldprt files came in oriented to match how it was created. Even though in both applications they are created on the "Top" plane so they might come into HS standing on the ground, so to speak. So I did a little test with Alibre and SolidWorks. I created the same part in both apps, a 2.00 inch cube with a 1.0 inch diameter cylinder extruded 1.0 inch from the top surface. On the top end of the cylinder I placed a .5 inch diameter sphere, centered and recessed into the top surface of the cylinder by .062 inch.

Here are the results:
:shock: :shock:
Here is a closeup of the SolidWorks part:
:shock: :shock:

The units for both apps were in Inches and on import into HS all options were checked on the Import Model dialog.

I submitted this to HyperShot support to see what they have to say about it, but I think HS import has its scaling goofed up. Anyone have any ideas or care to hazard a guess??

H.
v12

Attachments

• HS Import scale-orientation.jpg
    HS Import scale-orientation.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 240
  • HS part orientation.jpg
    HS part orientation.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 235

JordanCClark

Alibre Super User

Remember that in Alibre, "Top" is looking down on the ZX-plane, and not the XY-plane. it's why the part is rotated. Kinda like the AlibreCAM thing.

I can understand the STEP imports being off, even if I don't like it. Alibre does everything in cm in the background, even though we work in inches or mm. It appears that the Alibre imports are about oh, say, 2.54 times larger than the SolidWorks Steps. just a rough estimate. :lol:

The .sldprt file? Have no idea. :mrgreen:

HaroldL

Alibre Super User

JordanCClark said:
Remember that in Alibre, "Top" is looking down on the ZX-plane, and not the XY-plane. it's why the part is rotated. Kinda like the AlibreCAM thing.
That just it, in both programs when I set the view to Top I get the same display:

JordanCClark said:
I can understand the STEP imports being off, even if I don't like it. Alibre does everything in cm in the background, even though we work in inches or mm. It appears that the Alibre imports are about oh, say, 2.54 times larger than the SolidWorks Steps. just a rough estimate. :lol:
Good point, I didn't think of that.

JordanCClark said:
The .sldprt file? Have no idea. :mrgreen:
Other than the scale issue, it is the only one that imported "standing up" and matching the planes in HS while all the STEPS where rotated. Makes me wonder if there is something goofy with the HS STEP translator.

H,
v12

Attachments

• Top views.jpg
    Top views.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 5,337

HaroldL

Alibre Super User

Just a quick update on this...I submitted the issue to HS support and they are looking into it. We'll see if anything comes of this.

H.
v12

Ralf

Alibre Super User

...to continue in the gallery. :D

Matchstick

Attachments

• Streichholz.jpg
    Streichholz.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 292

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Inkstamping a logo in HS

Following a couple of hints from Miles and Ralf, I decided to try and make a HS rendering of a logo that has ink-stamped color on it. I created a base part with the logo text extruded. I then created the logo text as a separate part, extruded .002" with .001" filleted edges. That's so the edges would look more natural in the render, like the paint was daubed on the surface.
Here is the exploded assembly in Alibre. This was exported as a STEP214...

Here it is upon import into HS, why HS applied different colors to the text is anyone's guess...

And here is the final render...

This can be a lot of extra work just to get surface color on a model from Alibre. Maybe if HS had surface selection available this wouldn't be necessary.

H,
v12

Attachments

• logo screen shot.jpg
    logo screen shot.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 253
  • logo imported .jpg
    logo imported .jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 250
  • logo final render.jpg
    logo final render.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 256