What's new

Alibre's Annual Design Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
We're considering a method by which people could buy mugs and various sundries. I get it - I'm a mug guy too. But for now - enter the contest :D

oldfox

Alibre Super User
We're considering a method by which people could buy mugs and various sundries. I get it - I'm a mug guy too. But for now - enter the contest :D

Forget the mug!! Just send me the coffee in a 1 gallon freezer bag.;)

slipstick

Silly question - Is the contest limited to stuff you have designed, or is something that exists that you have modeled in CAD admissible?

oldfox

Alibre Super User
Having entered in 2 previous contests it is pretty evident that the entries don't have to be your own design. The contest is for the best use of Alibre Design, and not ones design skills. Although that does affect the thinking of the judges. Maybe.;)

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Silly question - Is the contest limited to stuff you have designed, or is something that exists that you have modeled in CAD admissible?

If your entry is something you personally spent time modeling, then it should be OK. If you upload something that ends up being in a gray area I will reach out and let you know.

neilr

Max I am down to using my old pos work computer for the time being and only have v12 on it, will designs from the old unsupported version be accepted?

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure yet. We're in the middle of a website redesign. Perhaps once that's done we'll make a page for the submissions to be shown off.

oldfox

Alibre Super User
Should multiple views of contest entrants be uploaded or are you only asking for the one top assembly?

Status
Not open for further replies.