What's new

Assemblies - sub-Assemblies

Old Geeser

I am trying to learn Alibre assemblies so I can animate an engine I designed years ago. I created a sub-assembly of the of the piston and rod (with lots of help from David on this forum) and it works great in the sub-assembly, but when I insert the sub-assembly into the final-assembly I no longer have the motion between the rod and the piston. Does all motion have to be in the final-assembly?
Thanks
Karl

Old Geeser

In doing a little research I get the idea that is possible to get one component to continuously rotate. But I'm getting conflicting ideas of whether not I have this feature in Design or do I need to have Expert to get it. It looks like it has some way to set a calculation for the number of rotations to make. Can you direct me one mor step.
Thanks

JimCad

Also look at the "Walschaerts (Resolved)" thread.
By: shmbry

That's the sort of thing you're after. Not an easy option but doable.
Probably already asked but @Max; Would animation be a possible in future versions?
Such a useful tool.

Jim

MilesH

Alibre Super User
In doing a little research I get the idea that is possible to get one component to continuously rotate. But I'm getting conflicting ideas of whether not I have this feature in Design or do I need to have Expert to get it. It looks like it has some way to set a calculation for the number of rotations to make. Can you direct me one mor step.
Thanks
IDSLK's script is a better way to do things now but even18 years ago we could do animations: https://www.alibre.com/forum/index.php?threads/inherent-kinematic-ability.1431/#post-7076