What's new

Create custom drawing template

Ex Machina

I was going to look it up and try to figure it out myself, but since you're asking... A tutorial on:

How to make a drawing template with a custom title block, notes, etc.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Good video for a brief look at creating custom templates. It's tough to cover the subject in depth in only seven minutes. Maybe a follow on video describing how to use fields to auto-populate with part data. And defining layers and dimension styles in the template. That really makes creating part/assembly drawings easy and conforming to standards, whether ASME, ISO or a company.

JimCad

Quote Harold:
"Good video for a brief look at creating custom templates. It's tough to cover the subject in depth in only seven minutes. Maybe a follow on video describing how to use fields to auto-populate with part data. And defining layers and dimension styles in the template. That really makes creating part/assembly drawings easy and conforming to standards, whether ASME, ISO or a company."

I agree.
I set up several company templates with Inventor while sill in work and it's so much better to add properties to the model so that the drawings auto populate. With multi sheet drawings it reduces errors and time.
Jim