What's new

Display Software Emulation in 8.2?

cclark440

Alibre Super User

No joy here.

Still have the same troubles, and the overall quality of the display was poor. Everything seemed fuzzy.

aa1

Cclark440 – Sorry that this did not help. I have made a support incident for you (#1860798) so that we can see if we can get to the bottom of this. If you have any further information that may be of help, please let us know.

MikeHenry

Alibre Super User

aa1 - thanks!

I just installed the new driver on my Dell XPS Gen2 PC with upgraded NVidia 6800 GT card (in place of the original ATI Radeon card) and it seems to have fixed the text artifacts in drawing files. For some reason the FTP download window wouldn't close automatically and had to be shut down from the Task Manager, but the file seemed to have downloaded completely.

Cclark440 - are you sure that you downloaded and installed the correct driver? There were at least driver folders in the FTP list and I almost installed the wrong one.

Mike

aa1

That does look bad. I have taken the previous comment and added this to the support incident. I have a feeling that with it being this late in the day, it will be until Monday before a developer can take a look at this.

MikeHenry

Alibre Super User

cclark440,

I tried creating a single toolbar row in a drawing file and still had no problems with the new driver on an NVidia 6800 card.

Hopefully, Alibre will be able to help you figure out what is wrong.

Is there any chance that there is a hardware problem with your card? I'm pretty convinced that there was/is one with the ATI Radeon card I used previously, partially because it would create artifacts on text in some other Windows programs. Have you tried running the DirectX diagnostics?

Mike

cclark440

Alibre Super User

Mike

I guess it could be a hardware problem. I sure hope not. My machine is a brand new Dell. I wouldn't expect hardware trouble from it.

cclark440

Alibre Super User

Got a response from Alibre support, and they seem to have solved my problem.
They found a glitch that only happens in certain situations.
Thank goodness it isn't a hardware problem. My boss would have blown his stack after what he shelled out for my new system.

cclark440

Alibre Super User

All I can tell you is that I could reproduce my problem consistently by moving all of the toolbars to a single row.

The people at Alibre did some digging and found a glitch(bug) whatever you want to call it, in a .dll file. They changed some code and I replaced the offending .dll and everything works great now.

Auspex

I periodically experience the screen artifacts in drawing mode. I have also seen the fuzzy part like clarke440 is experiencing with a .sat file that we have here. As mentioned in a previous thread, I am still experiencing the behavior where my machine will crash in drawing mode if I have the auto-hide start bar on. I would love to be rid of these issues.

I am using a GEForce FX 5200....it does not appear to be on the list indluded in the updated driver files on the ftp site.

kineoptics

Video Drivers, Dell Precision M70

After another "what's up with the latest drivers" e-mail to tech support, I received an e-mail as follows: You can obtain the new NVIDIA driver here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_77.72.html Make sure you pay attention to the installation hints before you install the driver.
Hope this helps. If you need any clarification or have any further questions, just let me know and I will be happy to help.

The driver is dated as June 22 so it is quite new. Downloaded it, but it does not seem to be compatable with the video card I have. Dell Precision M70, Nvidia Quadro FX Go 1400 256 MB. Any ideas? It is possible that I did something wrong installing the driver.

blaplant1

I downloaded the new NVIDA driver and it cleaned up my dispaly issues. One note while updating the driver I got a message that the driver might not be compatible with my card (GeForce2 MX). I figured sink or swim and continued with the install hoping for the best. After a reboot I checked out a couple of drawings and all text and screen issue were gone. I also checked out some models and all reference lines are now visible. So far so good :D

cherkey

Hello all,
Just thought I'd share something I've seen for the first time in my display...lines lines lines ...another drawing no no no line...both open at the same time...
Placed images into Binaries...
EDIT - BTW it's an ATI Radeon 9800 pro..
Chris

Gaspar

Alibre Super User

Hello all,

We just upgraded to 8.2 and one of our machines (Nvidia Ge Force4 MX440) had the dimensions problem (with numbers all over the tool bars and design explorer).

We inmediately downloaded and installed the 53.03 driver as mentioned on this thread and the problem got corrected right away.

Thanks to all for sharing this info. It saved us days of hard time :D

Auspex

The new driver fixes all the problems I listed except for the crashes that occur during drawing when the auto hide start bar is on.

Gaspar

Alibre Super User

By the way,

Should we keep this driver installed (53.03) or move to the one released by Nvidia-Alibre?