What's new

Export to Keyshot file freezes Alibre

EvaCAD

Hello,

I have a recurrent problem on two different computers with windows 10: every time I export an assembly to a keyshot file, my Alibre software freezes after the export is finished and I need to restart it every time. Anyone out there with the same problem ? or would someone know how to solve this ?

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
I used to have the same problem but related to only one model. Here's what I got from support to resolve the problem:
Alibre Support said:
To resolve the KeyShot live link error please follow the below steps.
1) Uninstall Keyshot
2) Open Alibre and Release the License (this can be done via the Alibre Home screen's Utility tab)
3) Re-open and re-license Alibre
4) Re-install KeyShot.

However I did not need to go through those steps because the problem resolved itself after I shut down my computer and let it rest overnight. The next day it worked as it should.

bigseb

Alibre Super User
I had something like this recently when trying to send old files (like form 4 years ago) to Keyshot. Kept crashing. New files, no problem. In the end I exported to bip and that worked fine.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
In the end I exported to bip and that worked fine.
I've noticed that the time it takes to get KeyShot fired up and refresh the materials sometimes can affect how well, or fast, the model gets from Alibre to KeyShot. Especially if it is the first time KS is started during a work session.

One way to speed things up is to start KS manually and let it update the materials before sending anything from AD. If KS is running the AD model will pop into KS almost instantaneously. If KS is not running it will start a lot faster when sending the AD model to Render. At least that has been my experience.

bigseb

Alibre Super User
Possibly. Or it could just be that Geomagic-era models opened in V22 are not playing nice with the latest Keyshot.

jhiker

Alibre Super User
Hello,

I have a recurrent problem on two different computers with windows 10: every time I export an assembly to a keyshot file, my Alibre software freezes after the export is finished and I need to restart it every time. Anyone out there with the same problem ? or would someone know how to solve this ?
You are not alone - I have the same problem.