What's new

How to change colours of imported dxf

jc-s

I've been sent some dxf drawings that I need to use as the basis of a new design. However, when these are imported into Alibre many of the lines and features are in a very hard to read colour (yellow on the white background is particularly hard!).

How can the imported drawing be edited to change these colours?

The layers dialog looked promising until I realised there were no yellow layers. So I've no idea how to select all the bad colours, nor how to change them. Ideally, change them to something dark but slightly different (black, dark blue, etc). But making everything black would be a good step forward.

I've been sent some dxf drawings that I need to use as the basis of a new design. However, when these are imported into Alibre many of the lines and features are in a very hard to read colour (yellow on the white background is particularly hard!).

How can the imported drawing be edited to change these colours?

The layers dialog looked promising until I realised there were no yellow layers. So I've no idea how to select all the bad colours, nor how to change them. Ideally, change them to something dark but slightly different (black, dark blue, etc). But making everything black would be a good step forward.
Assuming that you have set-up your Layer Line Types settings, you can change the Line Layer settings one "line" at a time (or you can create a special Drawing Format with Layer Line Types appropriate to what you are Importing).

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
The individual lines had colours overridden from the layer colour - to edit inside AD, you have to re-set each line to overcome the override. So doing it in text editor is probably less trouble once you work it out.

jc-s

Changing to 256 does indeed help. I can now change the layer colours using the layers dialog and the drawing updates.
Nice!