What's new

I assume 2017 is not yet an "official release"?

JST

Alibre Super User
I see a good number of folks are using 2017, but I don't recall seeing a release.

Am I correct that it is not official yet... still a beta?

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
E-mails went out the first full week in July.
'Soft Launch' (download available on web site) was the Friday before, European Launch First half of the week, US Launch latter part of the week (just after the holiday).

albie0803

Alibre Super User
email? What email? I too just follow the forums. Check the Alibre website too. I found there were relevant dates and cutoffs in regards to addons listed there that didn't get to the forum. Luckily they didn't apply to me but I did wonder how many people rely on the forum for their news ,like I do, and may have missed a deadline.

In fact I have never received an email newsletter since I started with v9 :roll:

Makes me feel a bit excluded at times. :(

JST

Alibre Super User
Got no email whatsoever.

At least not from Alibre. I still get them from 3D SYS.

I'm paid up for this year, but maybe I am not quite "on their books" yet, despite several communications via email etc

Jonathan

Administrator
Staff member
Alibre Design 2017 has officially released!

We only sent emails to customers in North America. Our resellers are responsible for notifying customers in their respective markets. If you are outside of North America and you didn't receive an email, please reach out to your local reseller to find out why. If you don't know who your reseller is, you can email hello@alibre.com and we'll locate for you :)

JST - I checked the email list and see you are on there. Maybe it got marked as spam...?

JST

Alibre Super User
It appears that I DID get the email, BUT it was cleverly "disguised".

Instead of saying "Alibre 2017 now available", instead it said "Alibre LLC acquires Geomagic Design".

Already knowing that was the case, I just skipped over the email , thinking it was just another announcement of the purchase. I probably would have deleted it on my next email-cleaning session.

aptivaboy

FYI - I didn't receive an email from Alibre yet. Lapsed maintenance. Originally a direct customer of Alibre in North America.

Same here. Perhaps the lapsed maintenance had something to do with it?

What is different about 2017? From looking at the features on the website I'm not seeing anything radically different, but perhaps I'm missing something (I do tend to have more senior moments these days!). I'm currently running "Geomagic Design Version:[ 2015.1.1 ] 64-bit." If nothing is different at the moment, is there a timetable for a newer, upgraded release?

Thank you!

Bob

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
https://www.alibre.com/alibre-design-release-notes-july-2017/

Important dates

This section contains a summary of important dates discussed elsewhere in this FAQ. Please familiarize yourself with them as your products may be affected by events that will occur on these dates.

August 31, 2017

If you are currently off Geomagic/Alibre maintenance, this is the last day you may purchase maintenance without a lapsed maintenance fee. Please view more information in the Information about accounts, support, and maintenance section.
If you use DST products (Dynamics and/or Simulate) and are on maintenance on the day of July 2, 2017, this is the last day you can request a free upgrade to the new DST products that are compatible with Alibre Design 2017. Please view more information in the Information about add-ons section.

June 26, 2018

3D Systems will terminate licensing support for Geomagic Design products. Geomagic Design products will no longer function. Please view more information in the Information about Licensing section.
https://www.alibre.com/alibre-llc-faq/