What's new

Introducing Myself

Specktech

Amazing, Your tips are so helpful. I figured it out quite quickly after reading your post's. Alibre Super users to the rescue. Thanks again Harold and bigseb. I guess I don't really know how to start a new thread. I just search the web for info. And when I find what I am looking for, I click on it. Think I am clicking the reply tab. Then it sends me into the forums. Always ready to learn the correct procedure. Thanks again.

Last edited:

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
To start a new thread open the section you want to post it in then click on the Post New Thread at the upper RH corner of the page. You need to be logged in order to post a new thread. Just be sure you are in the right section of the forum. Read the descriptions for each section on the forum landing page to direct you. It would be nice to if you either indicate in your post or in your signature what version of Alibre you are using.

In this image I am logged in and on the General Discussion section and am able to Post New Thread on the right.

start new thread.png

Specktech

Just noticed I am member 50 and I just turned 50. How does that work. he he. Thanks again Harold. Big smiles from Colorado. Thanks for that super detailed explanation of starting a new thread.

bigseb

Alibre Super User
Just noticed I am member 50 and I just turned 50. How does that work. he he. Thanks again Harold. Big smiles from Colorado. Thanks for that super detailed explanation of starting a new thread.
That's your age, not a member number.

Specktech

Just curious how I can delete all my posts. You guy's have to be some of the most critical Debbie downers on any forum I have ever entered. I appreciate your tips. But when someone is new to a forum. Give them a break. If there is any way to delete all my posts please tell me.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
You guy's have to be some of the most critical Debbie downers on any forum I have ever entered.
Not sure your reading the same forum as me, there are a few in depth discussions that go on here, but compared to the majority of Automotive, Electronic and Programming forums I'm a member of, this is by far the most friendly with some great experienced and 'worth their weight in gold' contributors!

It's also more pleasing and productive to be on here than some of the meetings I have to sit through on a weekly basis!

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
As the author - you should see a 'Delete' option at the bottom of each post.

To bring them all together, you can do an advanced search for your own posts.

BUT don't let the odd comment put you off - most comments are not meant to be critical. If comments are over critical, just ignore them - if people can't pass on advice in a constructive or at least friendly way, they are not worth getting upset about.