What's new

Too Tall Toby Leaderboard

Ex Machina

Have you checked out the Too Tall Toby practice model leaderboard? 5 Alibre users have completed some of or all of the practice models. Heck yeah. Lets keep Alibre up there on the practice model leaderboard.
Yeah! Wouldn't it be nice if we drowned out the other CAD systems..? No competition. Of course. lolololol

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
So I just tried logging in to TTT web site and got an unbound error full screen on my browser with a lot of HTML gibberish

TTT unbound error.jpg

and at the bottom of a long scroll I see this.

TTT reason for error.jpg

WTH is Django? o_O

Then when I hit the Back button I looks like I got logged in but I still cannot view the how-to video for the practice drawings - it just pop up another tab with the same web page.

gwbruce

Man that sucks Harold. Sorry you are having so much trouble getting logged on. I hope you get it sorted out. We need more Alibre users on the practice leaderboard.

Stu3d

When I looked at TTT site today it showed me as logged in despite not being able to complete the 2 factor authorisation the other day. When I clicked on the account button top right I also got the unboundlocalerror page. Firefox.
I didn't look at TTT site while watching the tournament.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
I got an email reply from them indicating that some work was being done on the web site. Additionally, they knew about the issue when selecting the practice drawing How-To video - said they were editing it or completing it and when done the link should work correctly. I guess we'll see... :rolleyes:

gwbruce

Heck yeah. I see that there are now 6 Alibre users on the Practice Model leaderboard. Go Alibre. Glad to see Ken226 on there. Lets try and get everyone to complete all 12 models before he puts up the next round. We'll show them we are Alibre Strong.

Stu3d

I did all the models from yesterdays tournament round and set up templates for the following.
IPS carbon steel 7800
IPS 1060 alloy 2700
MMGS carbon steel 7800
MMGS 1060 alloy 2700

I then did the first practice model and it was ABS so that slowed me down somewhat! Have now set up IPS and MMGS for ABS.
Are there any other unit/material combinations I should set up for the practice models? TTT website is fairly broken so can't find the info there and the link for practice models explainer video is broken.
Thanks.

Ex Machina

Here's the list of possible parts. But it will be updated and increased int he next few months as per Toby's statements:
1707406842600.png

As I say in one of my videos, you don't need to make a 1060 Alloy material that Alibre doesn't have. the density is the same as Alibre 6061-T6 alloy

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
I just got another email from TTT's "web master" (?) stating that he found something wrong with the way it was trying to access and display the contents of the wallet on my account. Since there was nothing in it the process threw an error. He will be checking on it and let me know when/if he finds out more info about it and maybe fixes it.

Ex Machina

I just got another email from TTT's "web master" (?) stating that he found something wrong with the way it was trying to access and display the contents of the wallet on my account. Since there was nothing in it the process threw an error. He will be checking on it and let me know when/if he finds out more info about it and maybe fixes it.
Yeah, at least they're trying.

By the way your wallet shouldn't have been empty. The "Wallet" uses TTT's own "currency" which you gain by doing the practice models but you also have an initial amount in there to use to buy TTT's digital merchandise. Which includes a 10 pdf practice model selection.

Of course you can also exchange that currency with real world money, but it is by no means necessary.

Cator

Sì, almeno ci stanno provando.

A proposito, il tuo portafoglio non avrebbe dovuto essere vuoto. Il "Portafoglio" utilizza la "valuta" di TTT che guadagni eseguendo i modelli di pratica, ma hai anche un importo iniziale da utilizzare per acquistare la merce digitale di TTT. Che include una selezione di modelli pratici di 10 PDF.

Naturalmente puoi anche scambiare quella valuta con denaro reale, ma non è assolutamente necessario.
In what sense can I be exchanged for real money? can you explain this concept to me :) Sorry for the offtopic