What's new

Using Master Sketches in Assemblies

inside

GENERIC000
As I understand you have a box with a lid, if you change the size of the box you want the lid to follow.??
Why not just change those few dims instead of all those fancy ideas at lot of nice people use time to think up.
In that time this post fort and back have taken you could have made a lot of simple dim. changes.

I'm used to linked sketches/dimensions from Solidworks. When working on large assemblies sometimes you'd need to make a major design change and change one dimension - going through and updating every single part individually was an extremely large hassle.

Looks like global parameters is not available in Alibre Atom though - any other suggestions? :p

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Perhaps going through and updating every single part individually ;)
Or the numerous ideas already in this thread.

Last edited:

MilesH

Alibre Super User
I'm used to linked sketches/dimensions from Solidworks. When working on large assemblies sometimes you'd need to make a major design change and change one dimension - going through and updating every single part individually was an extremely large hassle.

Looks like global parameters is not available in Alibre Atom though - any other suggestions? :p
Here's a quick doodle to show a technique that I've found useful, occasionally. Just Select the Face of the Reference Part in order to Project your references, as Reference Circles, to drive a new Part. Make sure to check Maintain association to source entity!

Attachments

• Skeleton driven Assembly 2.AD_PKG
    97.2 KB · Views: 6