What's new

Windows 7

peiboy

I see a reference to putting the product ID in a section of the registry - my problem is on 64 bit winblows, Alibre 11.2 won't get far enough in to create that section of the registry - and also, is the product id the code I got when I bought Alibre, or is it something else?

But if the darn thing errors out when it asks for my name and password, how do I complete the install so I can make the required changes.

A nice step by step review by someone who has done it would be REALLLY helpful.

Thanks in advance

Jonathan

Wing-Nut

indesign said:
wathavy4 said:
It's Core i7! :shock:

:( I got only Core2 Quad. :cry:

Some people get all the toys! :(

Well, what do you have on your Christmas for Santa?? :wink:

Believe me, a Red Rider BB-Gun will not come if you ask because you might "shot your eye out".

LOL, Drop me a line when you have time.

Kim

I tried the Reg hack, but found no entry for the product ID (Win 7 Ultimate) so I tried the compatibility fix, still wouldn't work on XP SP3.
I then tried compatibility mode using Vista SP2 and it worked fine, I had thought, when it worked that it must be related to the OS version Alibre was first installed under, then realised I had first installed it under XP SP3, so go figure.

My suggestion would be to forgo the Registry hack except as a last resort and try each of the compatibility options

Kim

alk

Re: Windows 7-a solution for v11.1!

Simply done, v11/1 does not work on windows 7, so I downloaded a free virtual machine from VMware and installed old faithful XP on it and Voila it works! :D

Wangler

I have successfully run Alibre 11.2 on Windows 7 x64...make sure to add the registsry ProductId entry in Wow6432Node as mentioned earlier.

That is what worked for me.