What's new

Too Tall Toby Leaderboard

Stu3d

I knew about speed-running video games, but am just now learning about speed-running 3D modeling. So cool, and very impressive!
I was thinking the same game analogy yesterday. I watched the top 3 fastest and I was having to rewind the videos to try and keep track of what they were doing, almost too fast like it was on fast forward!
I like what Ex Machina does by displaying himself and his keyboard/mouse inputs.

Ex Machina

Ty joined the leaderboard!!!

Very well done Ty. Don't worry that you're a bit slower than me in the qualifier. In the real competition you might be faster than me even.

gwbruce

it sucks that TTT said that the Spring competition was going to be held on Wednesdays at 1:00pm. I'm at work and may not be able to watch.

gwbruce

Man I can't wait for this. The only part that sucks (and it sucks big) is it is on Wednesdays. The only upside is it is at my lunch hour. I can't watch it on my computer at work so I will have to watch it on my phone. Unless I can talk one of the IT guys into giving me live stream access to youtube. No matter, I will be watching the live events on my phone anyway. I can always watch the recorded match later. Sure wish he would have scheduled it for Saturdays like the last one.

Ex Machina

Tell the IT guy and the Boss that in your break this should be played on the break room TV. Because it will help the engineers recharge their batteries for the day while learning new tips and tricks for designing. It's a training session really. For Free! Surely he'll love that!

P.S. I just noticed that if I win the first round, my second round is going to be against Imants. Oh well... Still will for fight it.

Last edited:

gwbruce

Oh man that would be rough. Imants is a whiz in Onshape. Konstantinos, you know I'll be rooting for you. Maybe you will get a model that trips him up. Fingers crossed. LOL!!!

Ex Machina

I'm in the slow side, but enjoying working through the Practice exercises. Another A climbing that Leaderboard. Guess I need to get the Sheet metal one done before my Expert trial license runs out.
Sheet metal in Alibre is really powerful and... not only useful for metal...lol You can design an envelope with it, for exampale.

I've made a video about it.

It's in my Sheet metal tutorial page here on the forums

sacherjj

I an actually converting aircraft blueprints from paper to 3d CAD to learn. It looks like I can use, but not modify sheet metal parts in Pro. Making some of these is really east in sheet metal.

I will be upgrading to Expert at some time, but currently on the 10 month payment plan for Pro so it doesn't look too bad to the budget. No business need for this yet, just learning as a hobbyist.

Ex Machina

Cool practice method. By the summer you might be ready for TTT's competition as well. It'd be great to increase the ranks of Alibre competitors.

Ex Machina

Hey guys, doing some practice for tootalltoby's spring tournament, and this very simple model has got me stumped...

Does anybody see the mistake? It's supposed to be 417gr and it's 412.

Attachments

• 24-01-03_drawing.jpg
    24-01-03_drawing.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 24-01-03-POST CAP.AD_PRT
    607 KB · Views: 0

gwbruce

Konstantinos check the handle. When I modeled it I ran into the same type of problem and found that I had dimensioned the handle wrong. I finally got it right. I am at work and can't open your model but that is the problem I had.