What's new

Recent content by ASP

1. A

Who here uses M-Files Vault?

since 2010 I am using M-Files (Server V10.2 / Client 11.1) to manage all project related files - from all CAD, photos, e-mails, etc. to complete procurement (~ 50GB \ > 70k files) I hope it will continue to work - anything else would be an economical disaster.
  2. A

material assignement (V22)

is there anywhere a setting (or at least a hope for the future) to get more than 4 favorite materials ? ... imho that is a bit too less - and i don't understand why there is a limitation at all ...
  3. A

For me it was not clear, that one have to set the parts material in design-explorer - and only that way. AD does not assign the material if you do it as before V22: go to design-properties and select a material ...
  4. A

ok ... maybe I'm doing something completely wrong, but - how the f*** do I assign a material to parts created in V22 ? (I do not have that problem on parts created in earlier versions of AD ...) design properties - materials - change material - choose one - hit apply (materials window)...
  5. A

Materials & Vault (M-Files)

i think I lost some fundamental functionality .... or is there any chance or possibility to bring back the linkage between materials and the (or any) M-Files property ?
  6. A

scaled lineweights ?

ok .. found it ... thanks a lot will this be solved by V22 ??
  7. A

scaled lineweights ?

(maybe this is pointed out somewhere else - but could not find a specific thread by a quick search ...) for whatever reason Alibre (V21 [21034]) is scaling the width of all lines with the scale of the view. This is imho useless in any way and very annoying - or is there a particular usage for...
  8. A

sheet metal - BUG ?

don't get me wrong, but this is how some software works - not sheet-metal, and even if another (like SolidWorks) works this way, this is not a excuse for doing it wrong. These flanges absolutely needs some manually post-processing - and I cannot believe, that a software like Alibre is not able...
  9. A

sheet metal - BUG ?

creating a flange that is smaller than the tab or previous flange, alibre automatically adds a bend relief (if needed). But if the created flange is greater than the bend it does not have these reliefs and I have to add them manually.
  10. A

Search vault for Last Modified dates

yes ... advanced search - last modified - is after - date
  11. A

Trying to understand measurement tool

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13677#p83181
  12. A

Tips for speeding up working in a large assembly

If you already have subassemblies, why don't you edit only these ?
  13. A

question about assemblies

the operation you are asking for is: boolean
  14. A

Merging an Assembly

for a assembly boolean it is not necessary to keep the ASM The fastest and easiest way is to export as ACIS/SAT and reimport and save that as a part.
  15. A

lofting strategies/issues

yes, I can :) but this doesn't help you ... I have lofted the 2 circles, then loft-cut the groove, then the fillet