What's new

Recent content by Clint

1. C

2D drawings

Thanks David, I was afraid that was the case. I guess the practice will be useful.
  2. C

2D drawings

Hello, I am hoping someone can help me fix a novice mistake. I have made 2D drawings for an assembly but then made separate drawings for each part of the assembly. Is there a way to merge into the drawing for the assembly? I have too late learned I can add sheets to the main drawing and am...
  3. C

V27 features

I was just updated to v27 and was wondering if there is a list somewhere that shows what was added by level. So far everything I see for version 27 only works with expert and not with Professional.
  4. C

Adding Knurling to a part

Thank you all for your advice. As I am a novice at this, I think a hash in the 2D drawing with a call out will work just fine for me.
  5. C

I am very sorry; I should have given more information when I made my post. I have Alibre Design Professional V27. I am not 3D printing and actually only need the knurl in the 2D drawings. I am new to Alibre and didn't know even consider that I could only do the knurl on the 2D drawings.
  6. C

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me with drawing a knurled part. I am guessing it would have to be some type of subtraction. is there a way to do this without drawing a sketch for the pattern each time I want a knurled part?
  7. C

editing dimensions on an existing drawing

Thank you, I was not aware of this feature. I tried it out this morning and it is great.
  8. C

Thank you. Your advice got me to where I needed to be. I was not getting any of the dimensions in sketch mode to select them for editing. I was not selecting edit on the sketch.
  9. C

I would like to change the overall width. But I can't get anything to allow me to edit dimensions.
  10. C

I am new to Alibre Design and having a problem changing the dimensions of a part. I have tried going back to the original extrusion sketch but can not change the dimensions to make a revision. I am guessing its because the 2d sketch is fully constrained.? Any help would be appreciated.
  11. C

Quick how-to on modeling threads with a helical cut.

Sorry for the delayed reply I was on vacation. I gave that information a try and it is working nicely now. Thank you very much.
  12. C

Quick how-to on modeling threads with a helical cut.

Hello, new to Alibre and was playing with the info from your video trying to draw a thread. Was just for fun so to speak so I made up all the dimensions. It seems to have partially worked but the threads stop short on the bolt. Is there a setting for the helix length?
  13. C

Books?

Does anyone know if there are any books available for Alibre software?