What's new

Recent content by concept

1. C

Weird fillet issue

Thanks, Nate and Albie. I learn something new, every day!:)
  2. C

Weird fillet issue

Thanks. I never thought that the sequence would fix it. I did get it to work another way but don't know why. I moved the history tree blue line all the way up to the first sketch and extrusion, then moved it back down to the last operation. Then I applied the fillets and incredibly, they worked!
  3. C

Weird fillet issue

Hello, everyone. I had some trouble applying a .02" fillet to one area of edges, but I cannot repeat this operation on the opposite side. If I pick a single corner, a different edge is filleted. If I select the rectangular area, I get an error message that says the target is no longer available...
  4. C

Part Sketching annoyance

Nice!:)
  5. C

Assembly coaxial constraint problem (solved)

I use this feature all the time. It really comes in handy, since at times I don't need all the reference planes to be visible.
  6. C

Part Sketching annoyance

This may not be relevant with Alibre, but back when I used to use Autocad, I would use the rectangular select feature (either left or right, I can't remember) to force a sketched line to change color. I had the same problem that was discussed here but that quick movement of my mouse would tell...
  7. C

How do I create a Storage Box Assembly??

The first time I created a new part or modified an existing part within the assembly, I had assumed that right-clicking in the scene would show an option for going back to the assembly and exiting the part creation/modification scene. It took me a while to find out what you describe above.
  8. C

v26 Enhancement List

IronCAD had both kernels but I'm not sure if it still does.
  9. C

v26 Enhancement List

Good stuff! Would curved text for internal or external extrusion be in V27? I definitely have use for it.
  10. C

Section view radius center mark

Typically, if the fillet is small in relation to the OD, a center mark and location is not needed. It may be possible that large radii like those in my drawing, do not need to have centers shown and dimensioned if the CAM program figures that out when it analyzes the solid model for tool paths...
  11. C

How to make a minimal removed section view

Quick question: If I change the scale of my views so that they are smaller, I can no longer further separate the front and top views. What is needed to be done? Thanks. False alarm: I see that I have to click on either view in drawing explorer.
  12. C

Thanks, David. For the benefit of others, I'm posting your workaround.
  13. C

You are correct in that it is made from revolving a sketch. I'll send it to support. Thanks for looking at it. Dave
  14. C

How to make a minimal removed section view

Yes, that would make searching, quite a bit easier.
  15. C

Hello, Harold. It's for the R18 radius (actually there are two, one upper, one lower). I temporarily drew a center for the upper R18 radius. Thanks. When I right-click on the arc and select "Insert center" it creates a horizontal center line that is in the middle of the entire part shape.