What's new

Recent content by ecoology

1. E

How to Reassign part to a drawing.

It works! David, your suggestion works perfectly. Thank you all for your kind assistance
  2. E

I will give that a try. This sounds like a workable solution to my problem. Thank you
  3. E

I tried that, but that doesn't work. I need to know how to modify the "meta data" in a drawing file that defines the associated part. I am not a coder, so I have that disadvantage.
  4. E

I have an assembly with about 50 parts. They are all in folder A. I then created drawings for all parts, with the drawings in folder A/drawings. After an extensive redesign, I copied all of the parts to a new folder, B. I then copied the A/drawings folder [with all 50 drawings] to a new folder...
  5. E

Getting rid of extraneous information

I've never used Keyshot. I tried to set it up once, but it didn't work, so I dropped it. I have ver 22, and my maintenance is out of date [I'm retired], so I can't expect help from Alibre.
  6. E

Getting rid of extraneous information

I've created a part that I now want to export as a PNG. I have turned off the origin, the axises and the planes. however, there is still a green origin with XYZ axis, and still showing the first extrusion dimension, some other dimensions, etc. Can I get rid of EVERYTHING except the part, so I...
  7. E

JPG and Alibre - a match?

I would like to "glue" a JPG to a surface on a part I have made. Is that even conceivable? If not, any indirect way to get a picture on a part surface? If so, how?
  8. E

Upgrade to 8.2

I upgraded this morning. Everything seems OK, but I get only part of the active window working. If I split the screen, then go back to a single window, only one of the previous screens is alive. Going nuts trying to figure this one out! It works, just in part of the screen. 5 X faster - no...
  9. E

Support - gone???

support gone? just made contact with on-line support. They found that my incidents were misdirected, and are being responded to. Appears to be just a minor error in the system.
  10. E

Support - gone???

Support - gone??? I've posted a couple of "incidents" on the AD website over the past week. No response whatsoever. Calling support, gets voice mail, but no return call. Is Alibre countering the increase in support prices with absolutely NO...
  11. E

New release?

8.2 well worth the wait? Do you have any indication of what fixes/new features will be included?
  12. E

New release?

New Release? V8.2? I've got 8.0. Was there an 8.1?
  13. E

New release?

New release? I've had AD for 6 months now, and so far no new releases. I was told when I bought it there would be "at least" 2 new releases per year. Anyone know about the next release after V8.0? thanks,
  14. E

Saving with "Duplicate" files

Saving with "Duplicate" files This is a recurring problem. I export to a new folder a complex assembly with many parts, some duplicated several times. I then import the file from the folder having only the one export [.stp] file. When I try to save the assembly in...
  15. E

Bill of Material

Bill of Material The BOM goes through each sub assembly in an "assembly", and lists all parts that make up each sub assembly. I have a need to list the sub assemblies that make up an assembly, but not list the parts [that is done from each sub...