What's new

Recent content by IMK

1. IMK

Can I create an Assemble Constraint Add On

Hello, I love Alibre but one thing really bugs in assemblies and that is there is not a Gear Type constraint like in SW. Well i have loads of C/C++ experience and was wondering if it is possible to create an Gear (or pseudo gear) Constraint Add On. If so i think i'll have a go at it as think...
  2. IMK

Equation editor to extrude exponential boss/cut

ajayre, many thanks for the reply. I like you are not sure if scripting works in this version 11.2 of alibre, I can do simply equations. D2=D1/2 A1=D2/10 etc but can't see any way to do anything more complex. There is mention on the web of alibre and scripts so maybe it is something that came...
  3. IMK

Equation editor to extrude exponential boss/cut

Hello, So I am still using that old Alibre Xpress 11.2 once or twice a year for simple designs. But now I need to make an Horn for a loudspeaker. So I need to make and exponential boss then a slightly small exponential cut. Is this possible in the equation editor please and how to go about it...
  4. IMK

How to draw gears in Alibre 11.2

Hello, How do you draw gears in Alibre 11.2 please? imk
  5. IMK

How to design/draw a hollow sphere

Hello, How do I draw/design a hollow sphere in Alibre design xpress version 11.2 please. Easy to do a sphere, just do a bar and add a filet. but how to make it hollow? Many thanks imk
  6. IMK

Add/Posistion object relative to another

Dave I think I have got it! Many thanks IMK
  7. IMK

Dave many thanks for the reply and ill have a go at it when I sort the next problem please. Which is how to I make sure the current pin is at the top/vertical please? Many thanks ian
  8. IMK

Hello, I am using Alibre Design Xpress 11.2 and am trying to design a crankshaft the problem I am having is how to add/position the next crankpin. I know how to select the surface of the counterweight to add the pin but I want to potion it relative (120 deg) to the crankpin I have already drawn...
  9. IMK

Cube corner shaped recess in block

Hello David, Unfortunately the part you posted won't open in my PE 11.2 version, Alibre just throws an exception and tells me to contact support (com.alibre.rose.RoseException: imported file version: 13,0,0,13059 is higher than current Alibre version: 11,2,0,11077) I guess this is due to me...
  10. IMK

Well Guys, You have all been really helpful here and well if anyone feels like showing me how it is done then mod up my AD_PRT by putting a Cube Corner cut in the top of the post.. Please.... :oops: Many thanks IMK
  11. IMK

Hello Davidj Did that easy, but problem is I can't see,find or figure how you now move the cube and or the axis that passes throught it.. Many thanks IMK
  12. IMK

Hello DavidJ, So I am sorry if I was not explicit in my requirement but please find photo IMG_2626.JPG of what I wanted to create. (A simple jig to hold a tri-axial accelerometer while measuring cross axis misalignment) So I simply ran out of play time with Alibre with respect on how to put...
  13. IMK

Hello David, Well after some seven hours of reading and trying there is NO WAY that this cube can be rotated relative to the base. Sorry but some software houses need to figure out one thing. And that is the cost of owning there products! Not the cost of buying it. But how much your time waste...
  14. IMK

Hello Christian, Please please do not think I was questioning how you approached this problem as I am sure it is a trivial job for someone who is familiar with Alibre. But for me I find Alibre a real struggle at times. Something have come really easy. I can do simple round and rectangular...
  15. IMK

Hello Christian, many many thanks for the explanation. However you lost me on step 2. You see I only use Alibre once or twice a year to do simple pocketing jobs as I am real novice at it. So as this is a quick job I am going to shop to buy plaster of paris to make what I need rather than try to...