What's new

Recent content by jordanyte

1. jordanyte

Sketch Text not available in API?

I explored C# with this when it was Geomagic Design and they first released the API. I need to go back and look into it again. Yes, C# is a far nicer language than Python... (subjective but still... )
  2. jordanyte

Here's my script in action, building an entire line-card of polyester caps with markings (thanks to you!!) - all driven by an excel spreadsheet. I love this tool.
  3. jordanyte

Never mind. I'm not a Python programmer. I was raised on embedded C and C++... The problem was the indentation was mangled on the first try:/except: clause. This works and solves my issue perfectly. Thank you so very much!
  4. jordanyte

Thankyou for this. It will do what I need, but I have a newb question: Does this mean I am only able to perform this running python from outside Alibre, importing the AlibreX namespace? Or can this execute from within the AlibreScript environment>if so what import statement do I need to access...
  5. jordanyte

I am trying to finish up a script. Part of the script is to update a text marking on an electronic component. The text marking is made by an extrusion from a sketch which has a Sketch Text object. However, I cannot find any reference to Sketch Text objects in the API documentation. Is this a...
  6. jordanyte

Create a library from spreadsheet data

This is extremely helpful thankyou for sharing. I have modified this to make a library of electronic components which are all similar except for the dimensions. Very useful!
  7. jordanyte

How to get assembly aligned back to workspace axes ??? - RESOLVED

Excellent advice thanks. After my frustrated panic and coming back after a break I did end up re-constraining one of the main parts to the y axis and it didn't take quite as long as expected to fix up the bits that got left behind. Moving forward I'll take your advice and remember to anchor the...
  8. jordanyte

Flat part drawing orientation for laser cutting - RESOLVED

Just one note - I try to mark this thread as resolved and get this:
  9. jordanyte

Well thank you all! I would like to say that was easy (and I suppose it was). I would also point out that having to create a "view" manually in the actual 3D model just to make a 2D outline drawing for a laser cutter is kinda ridiculous. I guess Altium are not the only software developers...
  10. jordanyte

How to use a part surface as 2D drawing reference plane

I need to use 2D drawings to export outlines for CNC/Laser cutting. Problem is many of the parts in the assembly do not align to any normal workspace reference plane. So how can I control the reference so that I have an accurate 2D drawing outline of the part, perpendicular to that part...
  11. jordanyte

How to get assembly aligned back to workspace axes ??? - RESOLVED

I have an INFURIATING problem. Sometimes after constraining a bunch of simple rectangular extruded parts into a box, the whole thing has gone out of alignment with the workspace axes. See the "measure" screenshot - that whole rear panel is perfectly constrained to all the other components but...
  12. jordanyte

I have an assembly where several of the parts are oriented on different planes at odd angles - 5 deg and 17 degrees for example. The entire assembly is to be fabricated from laser cut sheet stock, 4.5mm thick. To generate the outputs that will drive the cutter, I must create 2D flat outlines...
  13. jordanyte

This morning Surprise!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got this today and had to re-activate the license online. Not a big deal, but a bit scary when I consider there's been no update in OVER 18 MONTHS. I am on subscription/maintenance/whatever. Is this abandonware? I cannot afford Solidworks personally though I have access to it at work, but I...
  14. jordanyte

What should I expect from 3D Systems re CAM?

Thanks for the reply. Somehow, I do not have access to the older versions. When I click the link to download Alibre CAM it takes me to a form on the Mecsoft page, which I did fill out the first time and got an email from a Mecsoft sales person the very next day. However they said I should be...