What's new

Recent content by mmtech

1. M

Moved a hole in an assembly, does not update in drawing

Thank you for these comments and taking the time. To my memory I did do the following before posting: - re-saving, re-opening the model before re-opening the drawing. - re-rendering with centermarks. @DavidJ "isolate a part, then add centres, then 'show all parts'." this is in the assembly...
  2. M

@DavidJ So clearly the "package" didn't package what I thought. Sorry to waste your time. I am still grappling with Alibre in that if one doesn't think of things soon enough and gets further down in the work, making a change can be a real pain. @idslk Yes, I am making part drawings and yes, I...
  3. M

Let's see if you can make sense of this. It is my first assembly with some complexity. Still learning to try and catch things or plan properly as to not have to do a redraw. This is also the first time I have "packaged" something, so you all have been warned - I hope it is all in there. I'm...
  4. M

Hello, I moved a hole in an assembly, this hole is a feature of the assembly, not of the base part, as it must be set to fasten two assembly parts. When I had the hole in its original position, the hold shows up correctly in the drawing I generate from the assembly. When I moved the hole, the...
  5. M

thin extrude with open loop

Yep, that's what I missed, many thanks.
  6. M

thin extrude with open loop

I am learning Alibre Design Expert V25. I'm doing an exercise that uses an open loop shown to make an extrusion using the thin extrude. When one hovers over Thin Extrude, one sees this: But I get an error I can't do a thin extrude using the sketch with an open loop above. I'm doing it...
  7. M

Lofting through an angle between two intersecting planes

Many thanks for the replies. Yes, I was wondering if the collinear segment was a problem. The recommendation to extrude to sketch 3 was a nice solution. Simple, and duh, I was not thinking that one could just extrude to a plan that was not parallel.
  8. M

Lofting through an angle between two intersecting planes

This is hard to describe. In the attached model I want to loft from sketch 2 to sketch 3. I get the "multiple loops is not supported for lofts" (Loft 20 fails) I can't figure out how to get around this. A pointer in the right direction is much obliged.
  9. M

3D model views...

I had a similar question. Here is the thread: https://www.alibre.com/forum/index.php?threads/started-on-the-wrong-plane.23384/#post-156286 One suggestion was to create something like a plate that is oriented in the direction you need. Then bring in your other assembly as a part, and Boolean...
  10. M

started on the wrong plane

Thank you, I figured out how to do it.
  11. M

started on the wrong plane

Hello Alibre experts, I am learning 3D printing and have decided that my design should have been oriented differently when drawn for better printing results. Likely I can get the 3D printer software to rotate it - however it would be best to also have the correct bottom plane in the Alibre...
  12. M

locating holes on reference geometry

That video was key, thank you so much. The problem I was having was that one *has to still have the hole tool open* to constrain the hole locations - because that keeps you in sketch mode. Getting access to the constraints otherwise seems problematic. Why did concentric constraint work to...
  13. M

Have tried from scratch a couple of times. The fastest way appears to be this workflow: 1. Make the "block", with the corner fillets. 2. Locate the holes using dimensioning on the basic extruded oblong first. Create circles and extrude. 3. Use rectangles, constrain them to collinear with the...
  14. M

@DavidJ tried that - I get "overconstrained" or "Inconsistent" sketch. Perhaps I should have placed the holes by dimensioning via the corner or edges - and then done the fillet?
  15. M

Thanks Stefan - and for the signature hint. I'm on Alibre Design 23. So when you extruded those holes - were you able to add a constraint that centers them to the reference nodes on the top face? I could not do that. I could not select the node to center on when I made the circles for the...