What's new

Recent content by skeller

1. S

LCD Drawing Tablets with Alibre

Has anyone used an LCD drawing tablet, like a Wacom ONE or HUION Kamvas with Alibre? I am considering one to play around with 3d sculpting but not sure I want to spend the money just to experiment. BUT if it worked well with Alibre I could justify it as a "business express" and not feel so...
  2. S

No Script Tab

That was it, I tried a sheet metal part and a drawing so that explains why I didn't see the tab. I tried a Part and it works just fine. Thanks!
  3. S

No Script Tab

I am trying to start working with Alibre Script but I do not have the Script tab in my toolbar. Alibre Script is enabled in the Add-On manager. I can't seem to find anywhere else where it can be installed/enabled. Any suggestions? Thanks
  4. S

A little preview of v24

Updates look great! Is there any way to get a filename only with no path information in the list of available properties? Currently, Part Name gives the filename including the path. It would be nice just to have the file name.
  5. S

Making an inserted assembly flexiable

I was expecting it to work as you describe "as allowed by its own assembly constraints". However, when the assembly was made Flexible every piece of the assembly was moveable. So as I made constraints between the sub-assembly and the main assembly individual parts in the sub-assembly moved by...
  6. S

Making an inserted assembly flexiable

I have an assembly that I have added to a larger assembly. There are 2 parts in the small assembly that should move to be constrained to the larger assembly. If I make the small assembly "flexible" makes every constraint flexible instead of just the 2 with can move. How do I keep all the...
  7. S

Move away from M-Files

I am moving from V14 on Win 7, to the newest on Win 10. I understand that Alibre no longer has built-in support for MFiles. It seems I have 2 options: - get a new version of M-Files directly from the manufacturer. - files can be copied out of m-file into the Windows file system. Since...
  8. S

Sheet Layout - a couple things

Is there anyway to automatically export all the DXFs from a complete assembly; for example a kitchen? It would be nice to be able to export all the sheet stock dxfs at one time and avoid having to go to every single part in every cabinet assembly to get it done. That would be a sure way to...
  9. S

Disappearing Dialog Boxes

Updating drivers DID NOT FIX the problem. Just started doing it again. Anyone have any thoughts? -Steve
  10. S

I have updated the nVidia driver. Old Version: 6.14.10.9371 New Version: 6.14.11.6371 It looks like that might have solved it. I will working with it for the next couple of hours and report back. (Sometime the problem didn't show up for an hour or two of working in Alibre.) Thanks for...
  11. S

I am having the same problem with dialog boxes disappearing or only being partially visible. For example: If you have the constraints box open and you leave the box to change the view it will sometime completely disappear or only partially. If you move your mouse over where it was it will...
  12. S

Alibre CAM

mattyfatbags have you found a solution? We are re-visiting Alibre for cabinet making. I am confident in its capabilities for the 3d modeling and assemblies but getting the data to the CNC machine is another story. From what I can tell Cutlist only does the sheet layout as basic 2D...
  13. S

Photorender Crashing

Having same exact problem with Photorender. As soon as I try to do anything with the view controls it locks. I am running the following: Intel Core Duo 6600 2GB RAM No hyper-threading Nvidia GeForce 6800XT 512MB RAM Small assembly 15parts, nothing complex.