What's new

Recent content by Tapap

1. T

Is there an issue with fillets in sketches that cause crashes?

Same but not even oversized. Seems like once I get to 8+ edges I'm applying a filled to I get a hard crash
  2. T

v27 Status?

seems to work. do you have any tips on the import? when I import i have a solid thats 43,000 triangles. i can insert planes to do some crude editing. would be nice if it was a single part dummy solid
  3. T

v27 Status?

I'll give it a shot.
  4. T

v27 Status?

100% if I could have stl import then I'd only use Alibre. I'm able to import it in Fusion and FreeCad. My first two CAD classes allowed me to use Alibre. It's easy to use. I use Alibre for maybe two hours per week for school but I'm only learning the skills taught in class. I'm spending 8 - 10...
  5. T

fun and games

these were educational. what mouse are you using? you have amazing control over your model
  6. T

When using part generator, how do you use a drop down menu instead of entering each value?

I need to use help more. Sorry about that and thanks. I'm up and running now
  7. T

When using part generator, how do you use a drop down menu instead of entering each value?

So with the part generator I've manage to make my threaded nut and bolt generator. I'm at the tinker stage with my 3d printer and I'm having a blast making printed threaded parts. Right now on my part generator to work I have to enter the major & minor diameter, length of part, length of helix...
  8. T

Importing library

This is exactly what I was looking for. Nothing was showing up for me so I assumed I didnt have anything. I didn't know I had to import the library after I installed alibre. Thanks so much for this. Yes I have a few parts I added my self to the library but I was mainly looking for fasteners and...
  9. T

Importing library

Good afternoon all. Hope I'm not bothering with so many questions. I promise this isn't about threads again, I think I have that down pat now that I understand the math behind it. I'm looking into the library section and I'm wondering if there's a alibre library. So far I've been downloading...
  10. T

Am I building threads right? Also do you have a link to thread info that you use?

i just found this in C:\ProgramData\Alibre Design\System Files\Threads alibre continues to surprise me. im going to try to build a thread generator that will model the threads this summer with a script. or at the least make a selection box and itll draw the thread based on your selection and...
  11. T

Am I building threads right? Also do you have a link to thread info that you use?

thanks for the tip. yea i was tweaking the pitch. i dropped the thread size by 0.001 and left the pitch alone so now its smooth as butter
  12. T

So im wanting to make correct threads. My example is 5/16-18 threads. what ive been doing I found information on inner and outer thread diameter for the bolt. I set the outer circle to 0.3113". my inner dia is 0.2454". for a small reference i do (0.3113-0.2452)/2=0.03305" This tells me how deep...
  13. T

Any advice on my nut & bolt? (not important, just practice)

Oh I see now. Thanks so much for taking the time to explain that.
  14. T

Any advice on my nut & bolt? (not important, just practice)

That makes sense about the sizing, wasn't sure what I was thinking. I don't think I follow you about the thread though. So if I cut it, what do I do to make the nut?