What's new

Recent content by wagnuts

1. wagnuts

Error: at com.alibre.app.Client.Main(String[] arguments) anyone know?

I have had some difficulty seeking answers with this, it seems to happen at the strangest moments. I have also had things un visible, and actions still registered with the count of actions in the undo function. Had my app crash a dozen times since actively using it over the last couple days. I...
  2. wagnuts

Top-Down design

on the same sketch plane that you just opened you can insert a picture to trace if you are trying to match another shape.
  3. wagnuts

Top-Down design

Hi Paul, nube here but this is what I've been doing lately: select any face or plane in the assembly workspace, and right click. at the top of the pop out is activate 2d sketch. from there you can use project to sketch to create lines or refrence lines and points that follow the geometry of the...
  4. wagnuts

Performance mode possible? Yes! keep it simple. Overcomplicated sketching causes problems

Anyway, I wonder about some things I'd like to do with the work I'm doing, and being a novice with the software leaves me guessing a lot. I have a habit of learning things the hard way. I am interested in developing a few scripts for my processes. At the rate I'm learning how to do anything...
  5. wagnuts

Performance mode possible? Yes! keep it simple. Overcomplicated sketching causes problems

You should see me with a pair of stilts on and a set of blueprints for a luxury hirise! those sketches are busy too.. hahaha Thanks for all the feedback everyone. I have definitely turned a corner over the last week. Having Alibre since 2008, Its served its purposes in the past, there are a lot...
  6. wagnuts

This would make sense I suppose. heres an image of the part.
  7. wagnuts

I have a reasonably decent computer, and for some reason my part workspace is super sluggish. When I check my task manager, it says that Alibre is using lots of ram,(obscene amounts TBH: 4 GB on a 1.1MB file) but only up to 5% of the CPU resources available. Also Zero GPU resources. It takes...
  8. WhatsApp Image 2021-04-14 At 12.29.19 AM

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-14 At 12.29.19 AM

line drawing from keyshot
  9. wagnuts

saving a sketch geometry to apply to another part?

Thanks David. I have a complicated assembly that I am trying to revolve cut. It has 4681 parts. After setting the coordinate geometry of the assembly to align to center in 3 axis, now I'm trying to get the model workspace to allow me to 3d sketch. Maybe I will need to export the model and then...
  10. wagnuts

carving an assembly

Thanks Harold. funny thing, I'm not well off but I've had Alibre design expert since 2008. paid maintenance for at least half of that time. I have been through much of the tutorial material however as you recommended, I focused on relevant info. Thanks for answering what appear to be low level...
  11. wagnuts

saving a sketch geometry to apply to another part?

I'm trying to figure out the best way to copy a spline curve I created to use as a revolve cut in an assembly. any hints or tips?
  12. wagnuts

carving an assembly

Thanks Nate! amazingly I haven't ever used many of the tools in Alibre. I picked it up originally to generate dxf files for a laser engraver. I found a youtube video with a basic overview of the revolve cut tool. It may take me a little while to get this to do what I want. lol I need to learn...
  13. wagnuts

carving an assembly

i have a design that is somewhat of a lattice structure and id like to carve it as a single object. how do i carve a cube into the shape of an egg?
  14. wagnuts

V22 installing error

Thanks HaroldL! well after installing the Beta, my issues with keyshot are appearing to be minimized. I have an assembly with 650 parts, it was showing as 30,000 before.
  15. wagnuts

V22 installing error

Thanks! so am i right about the steps?