What's new

Search results

1. M

video presentation

Snagit is the best value!! You can get open source and/or lower cost. But IMHO Snagit is best value.
  2. M

Sketch Scaling....

Max, thanks for the response. I think it is completely awesome that you care enough to be here fielding issues and concerns of customers. Given, one draws ANY sketch without dimensions; and say there are x entities in the sketch. Those entities may or may not be physically connected but all of...
  3. M

Sketch Scaling....

I mentioned this in another post quite some time ago. It seems like this should be a VERY EASY fix programmatically. I am unsure why Alibre will not STOP and fix this issue. If one draws an outline with say 5 line segments. Each of those line segments should be in a list or table or whatever...
  4. M

importing step or solidworks file

I am not a mechanical designer nor am I in the business of doing so but it seems odd that they would not provide both at the same cost. I would mention that to them and explain to them that for future designs I would be lookin for a company that would provide both. It cost them absolutely...
  5. M

To renew or not to renew ?

My concerns about renewal are this. I purchased several years of renewal up front. I felt this would be investing in the company's future well being and I would save a little money too. Well then came along Geo and then I in essence got nothing for some of the years for which I had paid. I do...
  6. M

Alibre - Poor choice of business model ? - Solved

The funny thing is that if you had just reached out to Alibre (and ranted directly to them), the result most likely would have been the same and we wouldn't have had to endure it (the rant).
  7. M

Runs great on poor system

Wow! I could not image such a life style; been in IT all of my life so I have computers everywhere.
  8. M

Sketch Insert Axis bugs

You may not be able to open a ticket; but I am sure you can send them an email detailing the problem. I find it hard to believe any software company would ignore the report of a bug in their software. Well let me rephrase that, I don't know of any software company that would ignore the report of...
  9. M

Licence releasing

Teamviewer.
  10. M

Auto extents to dims

Watch the video Harold posted. It shows the feature. Further, this really is a "scaling" feature for the "first entity dimensioned" in the drawing; it helps keep the scaled of all other entities relative in size. If you draw a rough rectangle say 2 x 8 and you did not realize that you were in mm...
  11. M

Auto extents to dims

Ok, Then make it optional. Have a configuration setting to do this auto-scaling and those who find it useful can use it and those who do not can disable it. Perhaps some cannot really appreciate this feature until you use it. This should also be a very simple feature to implement.
  12. M

Color color...

It would be nice if the features and faces were passed to KeyShot.
  13. M

Auto extents to dims

This would be a great feature to implement in Alibre. Ok If I draw a rectangle (first entity in a sketch), and say it is 10 x 11 mm, If I dim the 10 side to 1000 then the other side should auto dim to 1100 and the figure should not change in the viewport. Does this make sense. It is a very...
  14. M

Email message about legacy product?

Yes, the standard version of SW is a full blow package; it also carries a full blow price as well. But what I am hearing here in this forum is that hobbyists want a full blown package for a VERY LITTLE amount of money. If hobbyists don't want to pay, Freecad is available and really quite...
  15. M

So let me see if I can understand what you are saying. Are you saying that because Rhino and Alibre are different types of software that Alibre could never have the same type of pricing structure for students/academics and hobbyists?
  16. M

That is making the assumption that the student goes to work for a company and that company already has their standards in place. But... say that same student loved Autodesk; and then moved on to own their own company or moved into a management/decision making position. There is a chance due to...
  17. M

The comparison is not on the capabilities of the two. The comparison is on the pricing model, how software companies "value" their product. In this domain, all "software", I believe, can be compare. Sorta like the discussion of subscription, vs upgrade vs SAAS.
  18. M

Ok the issue here is how does a company offer software to the non-professional? Well there are some questions to be answered; a few are: 1. What are the advantages to make an offering to the non-professionals? 2. Is the goal to eventually get the non-professionals to purchase full versions? 3...
  19. M

I concur with Swertel, watermark and don't allow hobby files to be opened in the full version. Also 3. Only allow import/export of certain file types, say only .STEP.