What's new

Search results

1. S

I-DEAS file format

Scott. I'm interested in exploring this further. I sent you a PM. Regards, Steve
  2. S

I-DEAS file format

I-DEAS file format Hi, I have a customer with a bunch of I-DEAS CAD files. They just have the the files. They do not have the I-DEAS CAD package. I'd like to find some way to convert to a more vendor nuetral format so I can import into Alibre...
  3. S

Angled Hole

Angled Hole Hello, My modeling ingnorance has surfaced yet again. I want to model a hole "drilled" at an angle through my part and I'm not quite sure how to do it with Alibre. Please advise.
  4. S

Cylinder Slots

Thank you! I knew it had to be that easy. For some reason, I just couldn't get it done. I'll blame it on the cold I've had the last 3 weeks. :roll: Thanks again! Steve
  5. S

Cylinder Slots

Cylinder Slots Hi All, I'm working to cut slots in a pipe model around the pipe's circumference. The pipe is 5in L with slots of 1in. I want the slots placed at 60deg intervals around the pipe. It's simple, but I'm not sure how best to...
  6. S

General Mechical Design Info

General Mechical Design Info Hi, I'm an EE that dabbles in mechanical design as the need arises. I'd like to educate myself better on general mechanical design guidelines like: Sheet metal design Surface Finish Charts & Specification Design for...
  7. S

Alibre Buyer Beware

RE: Greg M's Response Greg, I hope you catch this .. it's been awhile since I've used Alibre so I haven't responded earlier. I won't bother rehashing all the details, but my initial understanding of the license agreement was based on Albre's answers...
  8. S

Alibre Buyer Beware

Yes, I realize, according to the EULA, my company WAS in violation. We've corrected this issue. I object to Alibre's EULA vs. Alibre's verbal statements. When I bought the software, they verbally committed to allowing more than one user. Now that we've been using the software, all of a...
  9. S

Alibre Buyer Beware

Alibre Buyer Beware I purchased Alibre last fall for my company. At that time, I asked pointed questions about terms of use. Since I work for a small company, I asked if I could install the software on more than one computer so that our two person...