What's new

Search results

1. Y

Helical Cut with solid

Currently this is not an option. I recently had access to Solidworks and this feature is available. Is this something that gets requested for? Or am I barking up the wrong tree?
  2. Y

Sub Assembly BOM?

If I make a drawing from an assembly, with multiple pages for hardware and sub-assemblies. Is there a way to include a BOM on a page of a sub-assembly without removing the Bom on the main assembly page? I know I can create a separate drawing file for the sub-assembly.
  3. Y

Curious, why not official "slot" tool (planned for v28)

I have seen the script, which is great. But why is there no slot tool? Other programs I use have it, F360 and TurboCAD. Not really a complaint, just an observation. Admin edit - slot tools are planned for v28.
  4. Y

Variable Pitch End Profile Orientation

Alibre Design v26, 64bit, build 26040 Windows 10 Intel Xeon 4.1GHZ 8 Core 64GB Ram NVidia Quadro P2200 37681 MB Ram This appears to be a new issue that I am not sure of when it arrived as I have not had the need to design a variable pitch feed screw in quite some time. Sometimes I need to stop...
  5. Y

Drawing Sheet Scale

Sheet Scale appears to fixed at 1: 1. Regardless of your input when creating a 2D drawing. Even if I change the scale after the drawing is complete, the notation in the title block does not change. I thought this may be an issue with my custom template, but the same appears to be true when using...
  6. Y

Exploded view question

When creating an exploded view of an assembly, that includes a ball bearing, all parts of the bearing, a step file downloaded from McMaster Carr, are separate entities. How can I move the bearing assembly a 1 item?
  7. Y

Latest Update Crashing

The splash screen comes up, to the home screen. The only modules that do not just disappear are the BOM and Global Parameters page. It has installed on both my work laptop and desktop without issue.
  8. Y

Sweep Cut a solid

This is available in Solid Works, but not in Fusion or Inventor. Is this just too hard to make happen. I have a single need for this. A more accurate way to model feed screw / scrolls. Might this happen with Alibre? Just curious.
  9. Y

2019- List of New Features or Fixes

Is there any info on the new upcoming release?
  10. Y

BOM question

I have a drawing I started with views, on separate pages, from multiple different models When I insert a BOM, It is only linked to one file. Can the BOM not pick up the parts from multiple files. I think it could before the 2018 update, but I may be wrong. Any pointers would be appreciated.
  11. Y

Fixed - Error Code after trying to update Alibre

Has anyone seen this error? I have a support ticket open, I just have work to do & I need to get up and running. This happened after running the update to 2018 Alibre Design Library initilization not successful Contact Alibre Support or your reseller for help error code: -10000467, -2
  12. Y

File changed after opening on home pc

I loaded and rendered a file this weekend. I made no physical changes to any of the assembly parts. When I opened it up here at work, one part had errors. I opened the part & many many features had just disappeared. Can I recover the last version I opened on my work PC? If so,, how? I actually...
  13. Y

Individual Assembly Components

Is there a way to insert individual components of an assembly into a drawing, without making separate drawings of each component? I would like on page ( ARCH D paper 24 x 36 ) to contain dimensional drawings of each part. Is this doable?
  14. Y

Copy Imported Step file

I was not able to do this. Any type of copy command, linear pattern, circular pattern, mirror, etc. I created a box, native Alibre model, & I was able to do all of the operations. I am migrating my Fusion360 models, & assemblies into Alibre. Is this a bug, or is this by design?
  15. Y

Turn profile within a helical cut

Is these a way to tell the profile one is using for a helical cut, say an oval or rectangle, to turn 90° by the time it gets to the end of the cut?
  16. Y

AlibreCAM back also

Will fully integrated CAM come back with the new Alibre?
  17. Y

Special Feed screw design

Right now I can build variable pitched feed screws, for liquid packaging machines, using Alibre Design Professional 2012, and machine them using AlibreCAM. All is good. But now I need to build a different type of screw. One that feeds the bottle along the conveyor, while at the same time...
  18. Y

2D toolpaths on 4th axis

Can 2D milling functions be used in conjunction with a 4th axis setup?
  19. Y

Modelling a "Turning Feed Screw"

I am looking for a point in right direction. I have modeled a variable pitched feed screw using Alibre. Now the next test is a matched set of feed screws that turn the container 90* Any help would be very much appreciated.
  20. Y

Unable to open sldprt file

I have Alibre Design Professional with AlibreCAM 3 on my work PC. HP Desktop quad core with 16gb of ram, nVidea video card with 1gb of onboard ram. he sldprt file is 130mb in size & just will not open. So I downloaded the Geomagic trial on my home laptop, not nearly as much power & still getting...