What's new

Search results

1. T

What new workstation to buy?

I have not been having good fortune since I retired when it comes to buying a new workstation. Historically I have used Lenovo laptops because I traveled a lot and they fit in my briefcase, had very good performance and took the beating a road warrior gave out. But after I retired I went...
  2. T

How to use Alibre 2d drawing tools

Today I'm looking at going from a 3D model to build drawings. I have Alibre Design. I started last night and read all of the Knowledge Base starting at the title '2D Drawings' and finished at the end although some of the last sections were probably not thoughtfully read as after 16 hours I...
  3. T

How to use Alibre 2d drawing tools

I would like a article or even a linked way to go through the Knowledge Base that explores and illustrates how to use these tools. Years ago I remember reading such a monolog but I can no longer find it or a way to recreate it. TomB
  4. T

Analyzing and Constraints

I found the problem. I had clicked on something that opened an Assembly window but put it on my small laptop display. I work off a auxiliary big display and never noticed the extra window I had opened.
  5. T

I've been using Alibre for 10 or more years (since before Geomagic) and did not know that list existed. I don't know how many times I've gone down the Design Explorer and 'suspended' every constraint one-by-one until I found the constraint that was preventing me from moving a component to where...
  6. T

My laptop puts in strings of bbbb when I'm using the mouse red button.
  7. T

Is a tool available which will look through the list of all assembly constraints and list all components which are one part of a constraint with a named component. In operation I would likbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbe to select a component from the design explorer and then have it...
  8. T

Screen Setup

I've used Alibre since about V3 but I stopped using it for the last 10+ years. I want to use it again so I bought v25 and the maintenance plan for it. Installed the new stuff and found that for me v25 is not workable. I've been contacting Support every couple of days but it does not...
  9. T

Alibre motion

Is there a web page on Dynamics? Tom B
  10. T

GMD "Variable" (Equation Editor & Global Parameter) Improvem

I was not aware of your paper. It must have been written during the period I thought the forum was dead. Thank you for the reference; I read it immediately and see where it addresses the types of constraints I believe are needed and more. It is a very well thought out solution but is it...
  11. T

GMD "Variable" (Equation Editor & Global Parameter) Improvem

I think the most useful benefit of an enhanced equation editor would be the manipulation of constraints. Being able to specify that a feature must be displaced from another feature by x (initially) and not more than y. Similarly a feature must be constrained by A unless the displacement {some...
  12. T

profile page access

How do I find my profile pages so that I can change my password?
  13. T

Maintenance Poll

I could not agree with your list any more. It is obvious that changes are needed to constraints and some of the most needed improvements are relatively minor code additions. That equations need an 'if-then' function and a way to interact with constraints might be a bit harder to implement but...
  14. T

Drawing shown at startup

Thanks for the reply and the explanation. I thought the download explanation might be the case but I wondered just what would happen when I was not connected to the internet. That happens once in while but I never remember to notice how the startup process changes in that situation. Just to...
  15. T

Drawing shown at startup

Is it possible to do away with the fancy drawings that are shown at startup. They are pretty and probably would be well suited to showing clients but I don't have clients and just want to draw up and dimension weldments. I don't need to know that I could color render drawing and I really don't...
  16. T

refinding a link to utube about sheet metal

Thank you. That was not the link I found on Saturday but it was almost what I needed.
  17. T

Been away for awhile and needing to upgrade...

Thank you for the useful explanations. As for the forum being shut down here is what I remember, but also note I'm an old man that forgets a lot. I use a list of 'daily links' one of which was to this forum. The link I was using went to the base GM web page and there was on it a link to the...
  18. T

refinding a link to utube about sheet metal

Late last Saturday night I was looking on the forum for information on doing a sheet metal part. I found a hot link to Youtube or utube that bridged to several (maybe 5) videos on using sheet metal tools. It was exactly what I needed however I neglected to bookmark it. This evening I tried to...
  19. T

Been away for awhile and needing to upgrade...

I am in about the same position that Neil is in. I use GM a lot but I'm still on "Expert 2013", which is Version 15,0,0,15072 / 64-bit. I use the product a good many days per year, generally in bursts. I stopped upgrading when they cancelled the forum. Several years latter (last week) I came...