What's new

Search results

1. M

importing a DXF

Stamper did the job. Sorry my bad, it is from dxf -> Alibre drawing -> Alibre Part
  2. M

importing a DXF

When I import a dxf file into parts its always offset. Is there a key to press so the dxf is in the center of the part model space ?
  3. M

Alibre Script - script requests

Stefan No to both. Will try both when I get home in a few days, as no Alibre on my laptop and let you know Thanks
  4. M

And a way to import STL 3D print files. Properly not really a script but a function within Alibre, but this is really needed
  5. M

A script that changes a picked side to have an angle. Ie when 3D printing for casting, you usually have somewhere between 3 and 7 degree angle on the mold side to allow the cast to release from the mold. ++ for standard threads to be applied easily. Again for 3D printing
  6. M

importing step or solidworks file

Ta SW format it is then. I haven't got SD but I'll find someone who has.
  7. M

Fixed my printer. Finally.

Thanks for the write-up. I have noticed that a little bit of wind around the printer changes the print quality. Ie someone open a door/window at the back of the workshop or it gets windy outside. This cools down the print-head and/or material. Sensitive little things.....
  8. M

importing step or solidworks file

I have a design made by someone else and have the option to buy either the step or the Solidworks file Since I'm paying which one is the better, if any of the 2 formats ?
  9. M

Size does matter......

Print yourself a full size car https://www.e-ci.com/baam-3d-printed-projects
  10. M

Can I create an Assemble Constraint Add On

My understanding is that the current API's does not allow for this due to limited API's access I could be wrong as it is a while ago I looked at the API list /k
  11. M

Mouse pointer is too precise

In the latest update, the mouse pointer in a sketch needs to be right on the line and often when clicking the mouse, the mouse/pointer moves a bit and misses the line/poit etc This is sooooooooo annoying and actually makes Alibre a pain in the b... My co-workers laughs at me when I have loud...
  12. M

Threads not exported with STL file

as Lew said, there are standards for this. If your 3D printer has variations, you will need to accommodate that. I usually just run a tap thru after to get better final sizing. In terms of performance hit, it should be so that all threads could be turned on/off in design explorer and you can...
  13. M

import STL

is there a way to import a STL file into Alibre ? ? ta Kim
  14. M

^%#@*()*)&$
  15. M

Can Alibre show "fake" thread pattern on 2D drawings shaded views?

Well, if you are 3D printing it would be most useful.
  16. M

When a hole with a thread in the drawing is exported to a STL file for 3D printing, the thread is not exported. Do I really have to a helix for each hole ? Is there a script for this ? It would also be good if the thread could shown in the model, maybe turned on/off if is gets too slow for...
  17. M

drawing orientation when exporting from Alibre

Do I have to export a certain view from Alibre (or does the XY axis always "point" down) or is there a way to re-arrange the assembly in KS to have it the way I want it ? Ta Kim
  18. M

Grain Direction Control

When I apply the Ash wood grain, the grain goes one way one one panel and 90 degress offset on the next panel Is there a way to control the grain direction ? Ta Kim
  19. M

Using alibre for circuit diagrams and printed circuits

Use KiCad, it's free and exports 3D model to FreeCAD
  20. M

importing dxf

Ahhh, Ctrl+T Primo, thanks for that :-) Yes, the Alibre API could do with more Kim