What's new

Search results

1. MCATI

Imported 3D model has problem on 2D drawing

Old question, sometime imported 3D drawing will have strange lines on alibre 2D drawing, how can we correct it. Thanks
  2. MCATI

Text Extrusion modify in Part by Script

If I have an Extrusion from Sketch made by Text Figure. What is the command to modify it. For example, I made a number 3D Watch, and want the time changing every second. "12:01:01", then "12:01:02" Please provide a simpler command solution, not a function. Thanks
  3. MCATI

Material assign to parts in assembly

Is there any easy way to assign material to each part in an assembly, if a right click can do this would be great time saving!!
  4. MCATI

BOM --> Weight --> add column --> show summation row, PDF print problem

When using BOM, add weight. Then chose add column, it will show 3 option, the last is "Show summation row" (Even in column selection), it's very nice can show the sum of all parts weight. But when print to PDF, the BOM will be empty. If print to dwg, it's OK. But when delete the "Summation...
  5. MCATI

Changing material for a whole assembly

I have an assembly all by steel same material. But if want to change the material for all parts inside, I have to change one by one by hand, extreme time consuming. Is there anyway to change assembly's each part material once for all (if they are the same)?
  6. MCATI

Export part list with configurations

Anyone know how to export part list with different configurations (showing one part with several configurations). Thanks Jerry
  7. MCATI

In 2D drawing, how to draw center-line for one hole ?

Dear In 2D drawing, how to draw center-line for one hole ? Thanks
  8. MCATI

In drawing - dimension, show Diameter , show Radius

In 2D drawing, sometime I want to show Diameter, and sometime want to show Radius; but seems Alibre does not give you the choice which you want to show. If anyone know how to shift between Diameter or Radius, Thanks
  9. MCATI

3D dxf file or Tekla CIS/2 file to Alibre

If anyone tried to get a Tekla file into Alibre, or a CIS/2 file (which end as .stp), seems not work. Also if 3d dxf can be imported? in the future maybe...
  10. MCATI

Logo (picture file) in drawing template

Hi Dear, I have a logo, a company name, all PNG files, insert into a drawing template. But when export to .dwg, they all disappeared. How can that stick to the template even when exporting. Thanks
  11. MCATI

Mass calculation for assembly

May I ask if anyone met weight calculation problem in Assembly? I tried "Viewing and Analysis" --> "Physical Properties" --> calculate. When at Part file, seems ok, but when in assembly, the mass always wrong. Did change the material in the property. Anyone has any idea, thanks