What's new

Search results

1. Ydl

Script development and testing

Hi all, I'm a little late to this party. Is there any way to integrate my IDE with Alibre, so that I can develop and run Alibre scripts from within my IDE of choice? I'd be interested in other peoples work flows. I'm working on something with a few moving parts and developing inside the Alibre...
  2. Ydl

Overriding part and assembly mass

Hi all, Did a quick search but found no answers. Is it possible to override the mass properties of an assembly or part, as can be done in Solidworks? Follow up question - Is it possible to batch-set all the parts of an assembly to one material? Thanks.
  3. Ydl

Material library GUI

If anyone is interested, I've built one. You can find it in the downloads section at Australiandynamics.com Built in python but served as an .exe compiled with pyinstaller for simplicity. Just extract it where ever you want and create a shortcut. I haven't implemented integration with the...
  4. Ydl

License Failure

Has anyone experienced the "Failed to check license key due to tampered settings." Issue? Is there a work around? As far as I am aware I have not "tampered" with any "settings" beyond using Alibre Design for it's intended purpose. Ticket submitted but it's 9 am on a Saturday in the...
  5. Ydl

Adding Custom Part Properties

Hi All. Did a quick forum search for this and looked through the help file and couldn't find a solution so I thought I'd ask here... How exactly do I go about adding a custom part property? Under Gem> Properties>General>Part Data there is a Custom Properties area, but I cannot for the life of...
  6. Ydl

Issue Trimming Ellipses

Hi all, Long time lurker, recent license acquirer. I'm starting off in Alibre with a pretty simple little project - making a mobile out of some basic 2D shapes. I'm encountering a few issues in 2D sketches, primarily trimming ellipses and circles. The issue arises when trimming the ellipses and...