What's new

Search results

1. R

3D Animation out of Alibre

Yes, it appears that when you do things like remove the reference planes the assembly spins much faster. Less aerodynamic drag, I guess. I'm still looking into all these great options and learning about scripts. Thanks everyone. Also, I was able to download the script and figure out how it...
  2. R

3D Animation out of Alibre

I have a customer that requested a very simple 3d animation of our 3d model. I.e. an assembly being rotated around. I did a forum search, but is there currently an addon, program, or script that people are using lately? I'm using Alibre Expert. Thanks
  3. R

How to set default color of layers in 2D environment

That's what I originally thought, that maybe I could change the template and that would make the change permanent. For some reason I haven't been able to get that to work. I installed version 21 and the change appears to be permanent now. So either I've been choosing the wrong template...
  4. R

How to set default color of layers in 2D environment

My check box to "set current settings as the default" is grayed out in the "layers" tab. Is there a way to permanently change the color of a layer? Maybe I'm missing it. The gray color for the hidden lines does not copy well due to being a light shade.
  5. R

How to change XYZ axis directions?

Sorry to bring up an old thread; but just for the sake of people searching this issue, I will say that both of my cnc milling machines, Gibbs CAM, and other customer's programs that export step files, all default to Z axis vertical (up). It would greatly help to have this as an option in later...
  6. R

Default dimension for up and down adjustment arrows

I searched and couldn't find this one. Every time I press the up and down arrow for adjusting spacing or extrusion length, it goes up by 163.871. I can't find where to adjust this so it only goes about .250, or something like that. Any advice? Thanks.
  7. R

2019 not performing as quick

That may be the case. It's a NVIDIA GeForce GT730. I'll check to see if there's an updated driver for the card, and I'll try it again when I have a chance.
  8. R

2019 not performing as quick

Noticeably not as smooth as far as screen refresh rates on my computer for some reason. 3d manipulations seems a little more viscous, as in slower to turn around, flip, but that may be intentional in this new version.
  9. R

PDF export size in Alibre 2019

Sounds like this is a known issue that they are currently working on. I'll have to revert back for now. We'll find out if it has something to do with me having to be on windows7 to access our work server.
  10. R

PDF export size in Alibre 2019

Just installed Alibre 2019. Having trouble with PDF exports. Whether I use the PDF export function, or I use my own PDF writer program, the exports are huge. 1.2Mb per sheet where it used to be around 200Kb at the most. Is there something I'm missing? May have something to do with the way...