What's new

Search results

1. M

Copy and Paste Sketches from Solidworks to Alibre Atom3D V22

Hi Harold, Thanks for the reply. I've since tried doing it a number of ways and not succeeded, so I think I'm going to have to out it down as a mistake on my part. Perhaps I was going into Solidworks from AutoCAD. Cheers, Michael
  2. M

Copy and Paste Sketches from Solidworks to Alibre Atom3D V22

Hello all. I haven't used Alibre for a few months, so I am reacquainting myself with it. The reason for that was that my old laptop was struggling with Alibre, and I had an old version of Solidworks which it could run. I've recently replaced my laptop , so I am back with Atom3D. I seem to...
  3. M

Question regarding the Grid in Sketch mode in Atom3D.

Hi Stephan, That is where I was trying. Regards, Michael
  4. M

Hi Ralf, I did try it againjust now. I have tried all sorts of things like regenerate the drawing after making the change and also shutting down and restarting the program, but nothing has made a difference. Even changing the spacing doesn't work. That's not important, but I tried it to see if...
  5. M

I think you're right Max. I couldn't get it to snap to the grid either. No matter, I don't want it to snap to grid, and I found a work-around to make the grid invisible. Michael
  6. M

Hi David, I did check both settings. I tried all turning it off and on again, then resetting my profile and doing the same. I've found a work-around by changing the grid colour to match the background. Michael
  7. M

Done that already David. The grid is gone when the sketch mode is deactivated, but is back when in sketch mode...thanks for your replies.
  8. M

I'm afraid that didn't work David. :oops:
  9. M

Hello again, How do I turn the Grid off when I'm in sketch mode? Michael
  10. M

Question regarding STEP files - which type?

Hi Max. Will this STEP update apply to Atom3D?
  11. M

That's a good idea Lew. I've had some experience in an old version of Solidworks before buying Atom3D, and I've had trouble finding which feature was which when I've wanted to make a change. It never occurred to me to name them.
  12. M

Thank you all for the replies. They have helped me understand this issue better. Cheers, Michael
  13. M

You're quite right Harold. My apologies for being lax in my language.
  14. M

Thanks for the reply Lew. Perhaps saving the drawings in both types may be the best option for me. I don't have many. Thanks again, Michael
  15. M

Hello all, When saving files as a STEP file type, which type is best to use? I see there are two options when exporting, those being STEP AP 203 and STEP AP 214. Is one better than the other? Why are there two options? Thanks in advance. Michael