What's new

Search results

1. Ty Hartnett

DXF file change in v27 for edrawings

Thank you, Albie, for such a prompt response. Instant fix! As much as I love Alibre I prefer the edraw format. kind regards.Ty
  2. Ty Hartnett

DXF file change in v27 for edrawings

Since receiving V27 all my edrawings have been changed to Alibre dxf. files. I don't understand what has happened! Ant help would be appreciated. Regards to all. Ty
  3. Ty Hartnett

can't delete part in assembly V26

Thank you, Harold, yes I have deleted assembly parts countless times before, unfortunately, I can't post anything because of Intellectual property constraints. I was hoping there might be a "quick fix", I can't even unlock the part. I will persevere. Love Alibre.
  4. Ty Hartnett

can't delete part in assembly V26

Can't delete or suppress part in an assembly V26. Function greyed out. can only hide.
  5. Ty Hartnett

Expert V26 analyze tool not highlighting overlaps on a 2D sketch for sheet metal tab creation

Hello Harold, you are/were absolutely right! Just found a piece of "fly dirt" that I trimmed and my tab was created. had to magnify it quite a bit. thanks for being part of my learning experience, very much appreciated. Kind regards Ty.
  6. Ty Hartnett

Expert V26 analyze tool not highlighting overlaps on a 2D sketch for sheet metal tab creation

Thank you Harold for your prompt reply. Yes-selected but no highlighted area is shown. Previous versions showed this-even Atom! I take on board your wisdom in keeping things less complex! I Thought V26 would handle it. Frustrating just one overlap hiding somewhere. Thanks again H.
  7. Ty Hartnett

Trying to close a 2D sketch for the creation of a sheet metal tab in a very complex sketch. The analyzing tool shows me 1 overlap but doesn't highlight when "analyze" is clicked. Dont want to spend hours deleting and recovering mode on the entire sketch. can anyone give me a shortcut or a...
  8. Ty Hartnett

Data on BOM not being exported on exploded DRW file

Thanks Albie, you are a hero. Working perfectly. Kind regards Ty Bay of Plenty NZ
  9. Ty Hartnett

Data on BOM not being exported on exploded DRW file

Trying to upload to another computer via cloud my DRW exploded view with BOM , to date no BOM data is being transfered. Your help please.Regards Ty
  10. Ty Hartnett

Importing BOM into exploded views with call outs

Thank you Nate, Got it done! working wonderfully. Blessings Ty
  11. Ty Hartnett

Thank you Stefan. My issues seems to be that I can only explode a 3D assembly and given no options to use call outs and a BOM. How do I create a exploded 2D from an assembly. Can you suggest a suitable tutorial. many thanks Ty
  12. Ty Hartnett

I am using V24 Pro and would like to use a BOM with call outs on exploded views. Is this possible? many thanks TY
  13. Ty Hartnett

Best 3D PDF software

Can anyone recommend the best PDF writer for creating active 3D's
  14. Ty Hartnett

How to recover file thumbnails after updating to windows 11

Thank you Alibre team. I am up and running again after a LOT of hassle. Max as you wondered Microsoft (W11) doesn't by default carry over the ability to regenerate thumbnails. Quote-- their own clear web site information. Why would they do that just doesn't make good business sense. Its like...
  15. Ty Hartnett

Hi Harold, Yes that works, but as you say A LOT OF WORK. in one folder there are 356 AD-PRTs. I have 1000's There has to be both a reason and a method for recovery. Many thanks
  16. Ty Hartnett

I recently updated my late-model PC to windows11 and lost all my alibre thumbnails. I do large assemblies so they are essential. On checking, I have found by default windows11 cant do this automatically. Can anyone suggest how I can overcome this? I have done all the normal checks and resets etc...