What's new

Search results

1. W

License check failed due to invalid system date. (SOLVED)

The issue was with the system clock. I have a dual booted system; MX Linux on one hard drive, and Windows 11 on the other. Linux uses UTC for the system clock, and Windows uses RTC. Although I had no difficulties before (since September 2023) the system time difference between the two OS's...
  2. W

License check failed due to invalid system date. (SOLVED)

This is the error I get when trying to enter Alibre Design. It was working perfectly yesterday. The error screen had an EXIT icon and a question mark icon. Clicking on the question mark I did as suggested. I verified I had the correct date, then toggled to a different time zone and back, but got...
  3. W

Drawing - how to dimension from middle of line to middle of arc (SOLVED)

Is there something I should click on to show that this is solved? It will keep others from replying, although I have to say you Super Users are very kind to me. I don't ask for help without spending a considerable amount of time searching the forum, so your responses are very welcome.
  4. W

Drawing - how to dimension from middle of line to middle of arc (SOLVED)

In a drawing I'm trying to dimension from the middle of a line to the middle of an arc. The attached file shows a rocker for a doll cradle. For the people making these toy rockers, a radius of 15 29/32" doesn't help them. I created the arc by establishing a point the was 2 1/8" perpendicular to...
  5. W

Creating a groove between two mortises - assigning points and using them

And Stephen, Thank you as well. Between you and Harold, I have some practice in my very near future. I just wish my memory was better so I could retain more of this. Lots of practice is the only way it will become sticky.
  6. W

Harold, Thanks for schooling me (again)!! With more use and looking at more videos and tutorials, maybe I won't ask questions that have such simple solutions.
  7. W

What you have shown is what I have been doing with other parts, which are in the assembly. In 2D sketch mode I see no way to select vertices (which I had mentioned in a different post). The procedure to create the rectangle and place it within the extents of the mortises seems very inefficient...
  8. W

If you look at the model, one of the posts has three defined mortises. These were done by using the project to sketch function, using the tenon of the intersecting part (I did this in assembly mode, by editing the posts in the same window). I'm not sure I know how to proceed along the lines...
  9. W

I have a project where I need to create a groove (to hold a panel) between two mortises. I know I can create a rectangle on the face, and with dimensions and constraints, have it run from mortise to mortise and use extrude cut to create the groove. I've done this already. What seems more...
  10. W

Unable to create ref points in Assembly mode in Design Pro

Thank you, Harold. I got the point I wanted, but not the way I thought it would work. I followed the first article, inserting a point between two existing points, but was unable to select the vertex at the corner of the beam. I selected an edge and a point was generated at the edge's midpoint...
  11. W

Unable to create ref points in Assembly mode in Design Pro

I've been trying to create a reference point using two point interpolation in assembly mode with no luck. 1. I select Point under References 2. The Insert Point screen pops up. 3. A note pops up to enter coordinates or select source geometry. 4. I select the geometry, in this case a beam. 5...
  12. W

Boolean subtraction in Alibre Pro

I am using Atom3D and am mulling over upgrading to Alibre Pro. A question regarding Boolean operations. If I had two boards at right angles to each other (think dovetailing or mortise and tenons), and had tails or tenons on one board, could I use Boolean subtractions to form the pins or the...
  13. W

Better way for dovetails?

It's a holdover from using Sketchup for many years. I'm sitting in an airport at present watching your video...........very nice, I get it! This is for a tool chest commission. I already have a complete set of plans, but modelling this in Atom3D is a good exercise. Thank you for your efforts.
  14. W

It could be from either line. I tried to add a point in sketch mode but was unable to. I looked at a tutorial which said I could do it in either sketch or model mode, but was using the model mode for the example. I can add a point 3/8" from the corner in model mode, but was trying to sketch...
  15. W

In sketch mode in Atom3D, how do you start a line from another line at a prescribed distance? I'm trying to model a dovetailed case. I'm showing one side, but I'm not satisfied with how it is working out. I made the attachment by sketching 1/4 of it, extruding it and mirroring twice. My issue is...
  16. W

Part Motion Within an Assembly - Atom 3D, and an Animation

The t track will be fixed to the sled base. So you are saying I could have added the stop block after assembling the t track to the sled base? Would that have made a flexible stop block unnecessary? That would cut out another step and make things simpler, always a good thing. There are...
  17. W

Thank you, that worked perfectly.
  18. W

I have an assembly of a tablesaw sled I am modelling (sled assembly a) and have a question about part motion within the assembly. In the picture, the gray part is the sled base. The colored pieces are part of what I call the t track assembly. The green and yellow parts are part of the stop block...
  19. W

No Quick Constraints in Atom 3D - Fixed

Thank you for the quick replies. I used the constraint dialog with no issues and was able to constrain my assembly as desired. I like Atom 3D more than Sketchup.