What's new

Search results

1. GDBranch

Has V23 solved sluggish behavior and small dimensions?

I opted out of maintenance, again, because of sluggish behavior in V22 and small dimensions. Infuriatingly unproductive for me and I could see no justification in another $460 of maintenance. I was honestly happier with pre V22 revs. So, has the incredible shrinking dimensions issue been...
  2. GDBranch

Fixed - Can not create 3D PDF with 2018

I've submitted a ticket to support but while I wait I was hoping someone may have a fix. When I try to create a PDF I get the error message "An internal exception occurred during publishing". Of course it happens now, just when I need the customers approval to continue today.
  3. GDBranch

CATALOG FEATURE

When I create a catalog feature in a part that units are set to inches I can use the catalog feature in that part and it will be in inches. But if I create a new part, units set to inches, the same catalog feature will be in mm so the scale is totally wrong. My question is whether there is a...
  4. GDBranch

Add/Edit Holes from within Alibre

I have made the suggestion that the menu for adding holes to a part also include the ability to edit the database from within Alibre. I don't think it should be necessary to exit Alibre and use other vendors software to change something that could be done within Alibre. Typically, for me, all I...
  5. GDBranch

CONFIGURATION equivelant command in Solidworks

Would anyone familiar with Solidworks know whether/how you create configurations? A Solidworks user that I supply files to was amazed to see my assembly configurations but has no idea how to duplicate it.
  6. GDBranch

Geomagic or Solidworks

I originally purchased Alibre Pro at Rev. 9. A deal was offered at roughly $1,500 (they actually financed it for me). It came with a form of everything offered today like Motion, rendering etc.. Best part was that they thru in a training video DVD and off I went learning 3D. In my field of...
  7. GDBranch

Comparable commands in Solidworks

I'm working alongside an engineer who is using SolidWorks 2012 while I am using AD Expert 2012. I'm able to do things with AD that he can not find a way to do in Solidworks. I'm hoping that one of you may have experience with SW and could help me out. 1. AD allows me to "PROJECT TO SKETCH"...
  8. GDBranch

Materials edititing

I've searched the forum and found Werteditor but for the life of me I can not find alibre_unicode.mtl ANYWHERE on my PC. I have run a windows explorer search with the only results being: "C:\ProgramData\Alibre Design\System Files\alibre_unicode_sample.mtl" Would someone please help. Height...
  9. GDBranch

EASM file converter

I've received some file from one of my customers in an EASM format. Alibre won't import these files but I was wondering if someone on this forum could convert them for me?
  10. GDBranch

PDF Exploded View Animation

I'm using V12 Expert, Adobe Reader 9 and I can't get the Exploded view animation to work properly. It was working in V11 with Adobe 9. If I use the slider animation bar in Adobe it will animate the exploding view but RESET, IMPLODE, and EXPLODE will not work. Any suggestions?
  11. GDBranch

EXCELLON II post processor

I have Excellon NC drilling and routing machines. I would like to create the NC files from Alibre, basic CAM package, instead of exporting via DXF to other software packages and having to massage the data. Creating my own post processor with the limited information I have from the manual is...
  12. GDBranch

Bug in Software

Bug in Software I have been helping a friend design a new out building. I don't typically use "Feet" as a unit in my work but in this case the building is 80' x 60'x 24'. I set properties to units=feet. Created a rectangle, Applied a symetric...