What's new

Search results

1. I

Something wrong when Export to Step format

Hi, When I export the model to Step format and import at Shot there are faces missing... Check out my bunkspeed post where I uploaded image and step file: http://hypershot.hyperboards.com/index.php?action=view_topic&topic_id=4546&post_id=17769#17769 Don't know if it is bunkspeed or Alibre...
  2. I

New Alibre 2011

HI, I'm just wondering when the new Alibre 2011 will be available for download?? It says on the intro at the end, get it now.. :) But where....
  3. I

A little help!!

Hi, I have basic skills when it comes to doing more advanced stuff, but I wanna do a flat head screw driver so how do I do the flat head when the part that the flat head is sitting on is round? //Martin
  4. I

How to render a 3D Section View??

Hi, how can I render a 3D Section view that I have created in Alibre?? :?: regards Martin
  5. I

Alibre and Hypershot compability

Hi there, I just was wondering when having an issue importing a STEP file into HS! My original post: http://forum.alibre.com/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=9898 I got a response from bunkspeed! This made me think a bit because Alibre recommends HyperShot and so on, so I would think that STEP import...
  6. I

Anyone know why my STEP import into HS looks strange?

Hi, I have made a cable with a 3D-spline, export to STEP and imported in HS and the result is not pretty.. :shock: Anyone know why this is?? Got this message from Bunkspeed Ralf any suggestions? //Martin
  7. I

Some strange open contours in assembly V12

Hi, When creating an assembly I get some really strange open contours! I have uploaded two images one in assembly mode and then the part itself, and it's the bottom part of the lid of the box that is strange! And even doing an export to a .jpg file as the ones uploaded the open contours are...
  8. I

Alibre (v12) and HyperShot integration

Hi, I just wonder if there will be a closer integration or plugin between Alibre and Hypershot like Solidworks and HS in v12, why I'm asking because HS is also close to v2 release so it would have been a great time to get them integrated ? :lol:
  9. I

Hypershot and Alibre Question

HI, I have the trouble that same parts are treated as one in HS, but I want to be able to have different texture on them. For example, I make a part ( cube) and insert it into an assembly, and in the assembly I insert the cube again so I have an assembly with two cubes! Then Export it and...
  10. I

Placing decales in Hypershot v. 1.8?

Hi all HS fans, I'm still a bit confused on how to place a decal on one face in HS! When using SolidWorks you can assign a texture onto one face, where you then are able in HS to place a decal on just that face. But in Alibre we are not able to place a texture on just one face to use in HS, so...
  11. I

web viewer for alibre models

Hi, Does anyone know if there is a web viewer available for alibre design so I can have like a reader on my web page where the user can zoom and rotate the model? //Martin
  12. I

Black & White outline models

Hi, I would like to know if there is a way to make images of a part or assembly to have in a user manual, and then they should be like black and white filled object with only outline edges. And also when you have an assembly and you wanna make a step by step instruction on how to mount...
  13. I

Enter dimensinon Radius (R) in sketch

Hi, In sketch I want to enter a radius dimension instead of a diameter, but how can I do that, I saw that when I right click the dimension I can choose properties and then choose "Circular Dimension Option" = Radial, and it will be displayed as a radius, but when I want to change the radius...
  14. I

Can a part be made solid in assembly??

Hi, I have an assembly (box) with two parts, one base and a lid, the lid is connected at one end to the base so you can move the lid up and down to close or open the box. My question is can you make the base solid so when you close the lid it does not fall through the base but stops at the top...
  15. I

Newbi help with rendering in photorender

Hi Peeps, I have a question for ya'll, I have been trying solid and photoworks before, the nice thing with that except that its far to expensive, is that you can apply different Materials in the same part! Now if I place fig. 1. in photorender I can only apply the same material to the whole...
  16. I

HELP! How do I attach an image (picture) to a face

Hi I have a model and I want to attach an overlay (image) onto a face, how do I go about doing that? I also use photorender industrial, that I have been using for like 2 hours :) But do I place the image in alibre design or do I do it in photorender? My guess is that I do it in alibre design...
  17. I

V11 help with center point in a circle

Hi, I have worked in solid and when you create a circle and make a Extrude Boss of that circle, and then you want to add another circle on the new face of the extrude you only had to hold the mouse on the circle edge to make the center point visible so you can place the new circle in the...