What's new

Search results

1. neilr

Error loading assemblies

I just recently starting getting this when I try and load my assembly, this also happens with other assemblies but not all. Anyone have any idea whats going on ? I've not made any changes to my system, Also I have uninstalled and re- installed Alibre to no effect on the error. Thanks for any help
  2. neilr

Topographic map

HI all been away for sometime and glad to be back. I have a new project and what I have will do but was hoping someone here might be able to help me improve my result. Attached is a photo of a plot of land, 10 acres, next to the basic topo I drew up. I initially intended to loft the layers but I...
  3. neilr

Runs great on poor system

I have been holding off on upgrading my V12 Alibre Design to the newest version due to a busted computer and was going to hold off until I can get a new one built. But couldn't wait and decided I needed it now so I put it on my old windows 8 laptop with 4 gig expecting to have slow jittery...
  4. neilr

Been away for awhile and needing to upgrade...

I've been out of the loop for some time and currently still using an old version (Alibre 2012) was thinking about upgrading but not sure what the current cost is and since it has been so long I most likely will have to buy a new version. Anyone tell me what the price tag for a new license is?
  5. neilr

Mirror part fails

Here is a part I was trying ot mirror so that I can then combine them to make a single piece. I would thne use 4 of these to assemble the top half of an egg shaped container. I am unable to mirror this part when I select the yz plane for the mirror operation it shows the outline of the mirror...
  6. neilr

3D connexion Contest

3D Connexion is having a contest to design their new 3D mouse. I am having trouble importing the Cap for the mouse that you are supposed to use for the design. It comes in many formats but the only one Alibre will even moderately import is the STEP file and that one looses all dimensions and...
  7. neilr

Printing problems BOM

Hello I am trying to get a print out of the BOM. While in the BOM workspace with the columns I want I goto print settings and make sure everything is good. When I goto print on my local printer it starts spooling pages, it's a 2 page document....but it is spooling many thousands of pages....yeah...
  8. neilr

Boolean problem...

OK I have only used the boolean add a few times in the past and had no trouble with it. But this time I am doing a boolean subtract and alibre is just not doing what I think is a simple operation. I am planning a cell phone mount for my motorcycle and need a phone model so I made the body witch...
  9. neilr

unwanted assembly changes

I have a cnc router I am designing and have run into an odd issue. When you see the pic below you will notice the roller bearings are not in contact with the tracks on one side. The thing is they were until I changed a part.....The part I changed was the sketch for the side plate for the gantry...
  10. neilr

odd error.

ok here is a strange one - for me- the sketchs is a not very complex item just a few B-slines and a few lines that I want to extrude but I get this message: SWEEP_UV_PARALLEL: Sweep created a surface with parallel u and v (ext) Not sure what it means or how to fix it...as I see no issues with...
  11. neilr

Contest

So what ever came of the design contest...
  12. neilr

3D Sketches

I am having issues using the 3D sketches A seeming simple task is very difficult. For example I am making a cord that begins inside a tube then exits and just ambles around a bit. It seems every time I try and modify the spline it just does random stuff, try and move a piont and it zips off in...
  13. neilr

New to using Boolean

I was woundering if there was any advantage to turning a small assembly into a boolean feature? For example the chess set I am working on, the knight is a small assembly that will eventually be made on a 3D printer so it can be a single part for my uses. Just woundering what I maybe should be...
  14. neilr

Internal cumbustion engine Model

Hi everyone I was trying to get a new idea on the computer but rather than starting from zero I thought I would check to see if anyone here knows where I could get an Alibre compatable model of a engine. Thanks
  15. neilr

Odd problem with Software

Hello everyone I was wondering if you guys had any ideas on a new issue I am having. Alibre has been working great with no problems, until today when I opened a new part to draw up a response (and check to be sure I was right) to a post on here when as I began to draw a circle in 2D mode the...
  16. neilr

movable parts not moving

I have a subassembly of a vacuum press with a hinged top, all the constraints on it are in good shape and the top opens and closes properly when opened as a stand alone assembly. But when in an assembly (mounted on a cabinet) the top no longer will move even when in edit mode. I must exit the...
  17. neilr

Properties fields

Hello I am wondering if it is possible to set some of my properties fields to a set value for a assembly. For example if I am making a workbench and most of the lumber I am planning on using is the same, can I set it so I do not have to enter the same information into each parts material field...
  18. neilr

Lost data in drawings

I have just made a modifide drawing template and it seemed to be working fine. It loaded up and I filled in all the user inputs needed and then selected the part, no problems everything looked great so I continued and added a few dimensions and then saved the drawing in it's new location. I...
  19. neilr

Using Referance lines

Hello I am having issue with the referance lines and how they are not usable outside of the scetch so I am assuming that I am doing something wrong or there is a better way to do things. When I make a shape that I wish to do a rololve boss or cut with but there is no geometry to use for the...
  20. neilr

ON the fly designing

Hello I am new here and just recently upgraded to v12 from express. I currently design on the fly as I have with express, by this I mean I tend to create a "base" part and save it then biuld the next part right on top of the first one (being sure not to use any of the first part as referance...