What's new

Search results

1. jordanyte

Sketch Text not available in API?

I am trying to finish up a script. Part of the script is to update a text marking on an electronic component. The text marking is made by an extrusion from a sketch which has a Sketch Text object. However, I cannot find any reference to Sketch Text objects in the API documentation. Is this a...
  2. jordanyte

How to use a part surface as 2D drawing reference plane

I need to use 2D drawings to export outlines for CNC/Laser cutting. Problem is many of the parts in the assembly do not align to any normal workspace reference plane. So how can I control the reference so that I have an accurate 2D drawing outline of the part, perpendicular to that part...
  3. jordanyte

How to get assembly aligned back to workspace axes ??? - RESOLVED

I have an INFURIATING problem. Sometimes after constraining a bunch of simple rectangular extruded parts into a box, the whole thing has gone out of alignment with the workspace axes. See the "measure" screenshot - that whole rear panel is perfectly constrained to all the other components but...
  4. jordanyte

Flat part drawing orientation for laser cutting - RESOLVED

I have an assembly where several of the parts are oriented on different planes at odd angles - 5 deg and 17 degrees for example. The entire assembly is to be fabricated from laser cut sheet stock, 4.5mm thick. To generate the outputs that will drive the cutter, I must create 2D flat outlines...
  5. jordanyte

What should I expect from 3D Systems re CAM?

Hi Everyone, I am both a complete newb and long time user at the same time. I bought Alibre Design Expert in 2008 for ~$799 (?) and in 2012 got three years of maintenance, along with AlibreCAM, Alibre Motion, Alibre Vault (which I never intended to use anyway), the Part Library, MOI, KeyShot...
  6. jordanyte

Modifying one imported STEP part from features of another...

Hi All, Forgive the inherent newbness if this query. I have a STEP model of a Hammond 1590BB enclosure, along with a STEP assembly of a PCB design from an ECAD tool. I can import these successfully and even move things around, etc. What I need to do though is use the interferences of some of...
  7. jordanyte

Editing imported STEP models for a complete newb

Hi All, I just acquired Alibre Expert last night. It's been given a good wrap by a lot of my own customers in the electronics industry (in the interests of full-disclosure, I am employed by Altium but I purchased Alibre for personal use). Most of the work I do is electronics design (including...