What's new

Search results

1. hradford5

3D systems email

Thanks everyone. I thought that was the case, but I wanted to make sure before I unsubscribe from their emails.
  2. hradford5

3D systems email

I still get email from 3D systems, who continue owning the Geomagic Design product. They are no longer associated with Alibre, correct?
  3. hradford5

3D Printing Gallery

How did you get the fishhook in it?
  4. hradford5

Catia part import fail

Sorry, I just had my customer supply the file in a different format. I never pursued a solution, as it was a one time occurrence.
  5. hradford5

3D Printing Gallery

Sweet!
  6. hradford5

No PDF writer was found!

Exactly my experience Idahoan, except that I only had 2 3rd party writers installed. Odd that anson does not have the Use Built-in PDF writer checkbox.
  7. hradford5

Reference lines in a drawing

Thank you so very much. I knew it had to be something simple I was missing.
  8. hradford5

Sheet metal. Turning an existing flat drawing into a SMP

I would love to participate in that meeting!
  9. hradford5

No PDF writer was found!

Yes, I noticed that too. The built in writer does a great job. Until today, I was unaware there was a built in one! I believe that when I originally got Alibre, you were required to install a 3rd party PDF writer, if you wanted to use the format.
  10. hradford5

Reference lines in a drawing

I need to create a couple of parallel and perpendicular reference lines in a drawing (it's from a step file, so I can't create it in the part file), so I can create some dimensions. I can draw the lines, label them as reference lines and create the dimensions, but I can't figure out how to cange...
  11. hradford5

No PDF writer was found!

Yeah, I went ahead and used the one in the software as well, but something seems off about this. A bug in the service pack?
  12. hradford5

Creating a new drawing template from an existing drawing

Thanks. I found this to be very helpful too:
  13. hradford5

Creating a new drawing template from an existing drawing

Are there any tutorials available that could help me with this?
  14. hradford5

No PDF writer was found!

I updated to the service pack 2 last night. Now I get this error when I try to publish to PDF. I have Cute PDF Writer installed, it shows as the selection in mt System options and have been using it for years. I need to have this drawing done, for a customer, today. This customer always wants a...
  15. hradford5

Dimensioning grips

Yeah, these are customer models, so I can't just create AD files, as much as I'd like to. I can often get away with "manage edge" to create hole centers, or "Activate Sketch in View" to create needed points, but it can be a struggle.
  16. hradford5

Saving Dimensioning styles

How do I permanently save the dimensioning styles, that I create in a drawing? I have recreate them for each drawing, I'm pretty sure I'm missing something here.
  17. hradford5

Dimensioning grips

I am trying to create drawings of some imported step files. When attempting to create dimensions, sometimes helpful orange point grips will appear, but most times they don't. Is there a way to force their appearance? Also, are there any keyboard, or snap functions that will allow for selecting...
  18. hradford5

Catia part import fail

I have always used Alibre to open Catia part files, so that i can create drawings for them. I haven't needed to do this in quite awhile, until today. When I tried to open the file, I got this cryptic message: "System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object...
  19. hradford5

3MF format

Yeah, it turned out that this one never converted my file. It just displayed a message saying I was 5th in line and "this might take a while". After 4 hours I just shut the window. I really would like it if we could export to 3MF format, I do a lot of 3d printing and this has become the newest...