What's new

2019- List of New Features or Fixes

oldfox

Alibre Super User
@Max

Max, could you throw me a link to 4k information for the graphics jargon challenged? I would like to upgrade my computer but I haven't found
the right justification for it yet. Presently I use a DIY (myself) tower with Asus M2A-VM motherboard, 6 Gb Ram, NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS,
2 1Tb HDDs installed with 2 more at my fingetips with hot-swap drive bays. All standard speed. (7200?)
Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+
Number of Processors: 2

Please and thank you.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Max, could you throw me a link to 4k information for the graphics jargon challenged? I would like to upgrade my computer but I haven't found
the right justification for it yet. Presently I use a DIY (myself) tower with Asus M2A-VM motherboard, 6 Gb Ram, NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS,
2 1Tb HDDs installed with 2 more at my fingetips with hot-swap drive bays. All standard speed. (7200?)
Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+
Number of Processors: 2

Please and thank you.
We've had a few questions about builds - I think we need to get the release out the door and get some real-world data and then we'll probably put together like 3 sample machine builds based on what you're doing to reference. Getting into full computer build recommendations is quite a rabbit hole due to so many considerations like budget, how often you want to upgrade, use case, etc. So once we get a little further out and can put some thought into good recommendations I'll try to answer this question more broadly.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
Is there a render option that makes it look like a Technical Illustration? Sorry, not sure what the drawing term is.

Maybe that's what @bigseb was referring to in post #41.

i.e

upload_2019-3-27_10-22-17.png

Would be nice to select individual parts in an assembly and have those 'greyed' at a user defined level to enable the parts or parts you want the user to focus on stands out.

So loving the new render engine ... can't wait to get hold of it.

@Max , Does this new render engine roll over into the View Types in 2D drawings as well as the Part and Assembly work-spaces, specifically the Shaded View rendering?

MilesH

Alibre Super User
This but without the shading.
Switching off the shading would allow you to achieve it but a true wireframe with visible edges only would be preferable...

Wireframe without hidden edges.jpg

Last edited:

lamar

@Max

It would also be very helpful if there wold be a rectangle by center in sheet metal. I would think if it is in one module it would also be available in the other as well. could this be added? I use it very much in the part module and it would be very handy and save time if it were in the sheet metal module also. :)

oldfox

Alibre Super User
I think we need to get the release out the door

Priority #1

We've had a few questions about builds

Thanks for the reply, Max. Glad that it is at least on the stovetop. Even if it is on the back burner.

I was really looking for a link or two which would explain what 4K is and maybe even suggest (from the linked websites, not y'all) video
boards. And other circuitry that would have to be upgraded to support the video board. e.g. MB

simonb65

Alibre Super User
It would also be very helpful if there wold be a rectangle by center in sheet metal. I would think if it is in one module it would also be available in the other as well. could this be added? I use it very much in the part module and it would be very handy and save time if it were in the sheet metal module also.
It's already in v2018.1.1 ...

upload_2019-3-27_14-41-18.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-27_14-42-8.png
    upload_2019-3-27_14-42-8.png
    79.3 KB · Views: 9

simonb65

Alibre Super User
I was really looking for a link or two which would explain what 4K is and maybe even suggest (from the linked websites, not y'all) video
boards. And other circuitry that would have to be upgraded to support the video board. e.g. MB
Most monitors and laptops aren't true 4K, the resolution up from HD is known as QHD (Quad HD) or WQHD (Wide Quad HD) which has resolutions of 2560 x 1440. 4K (UHD) is 3840 x 2160.