What's new

Alibre 2012 is now available! (And will rock your socks off)

rmt

Re: Alibre 2012 is now available!

I haven't down load 2012 yet started and noticed the down loads looked like 64 bit only I'm still useing XP 32 bit will 2012 work on Xp.

bigseb

Alibre Super User

Max said:
From the primary? Are you D/L from download.alibre.com or Fileplanet.com? You may have started before I switched?

From the primary. Downloading from alibre.com. Has bursts going as high as 150kb/sec here and there but for the most part its 50kb/sec. Hate it...

11 minutes remaining
19 minutes remaining
48 minutes remaining
8 minutes remaining
55 minutes remaining
22 minutes remaining

up and down, up and down...

kev h

NIIIIIICCEE !!!!!!!!!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

GaretDH

Got it, and got it installed.

I must say that aside from the feeling of revulsion I automatically experience when I see ribbon-based UIs, this one is growing on me. Cleanly done, and so far intuitive.

I'll pass my final judgment when I've had a chance to play a bit ;)

bobster

Hey Max!
What are the odds of Femdesigner running OK on the 32 bit version of Alibre 2012?

Max

Administrator
Staff member

It should work fine. Addons in general that work on 2011 will work on 2012. Have to access it via the Alt menu though, currently, as 2012 brings add-on developers the ability to put their stuff into our ribbon. But until they (or anyone) implements that, it will only be available via the traditional menu, which is accessed with the ALT button.

Max

normc

Do you still need to uninstall 2011 first? I got a security issue where my anti virus software (Norton) deleted the 2012 setup.exe file when I tried to load in 2012.

ftkalcevic

From the download page, the file that starts downloading is AlibreInstall_V2011.62a_x32.exe, which I already have. Is there a different place to get 2012? The account page says I have maintenance until 7/6/2012

ftkalcevic

ftkalcevic said:
From the download page, the file that starts downloading is AlibreInstall_V2011.62a_x32.exe, which I already have. Is there a different place to get 2012? The account page says I have maintenance until 7/6/2012

Ok, I missed the Upgrade First pages. I went straight to the download page. Working now. 315k/s

bobster

Download took Less than 3 minutes on the alternate server!

I don't find any instructions, do we stay with the current version of vault ?
Is there a new version of Motion? Part library, Cam, etc?

Max

Administrator
Staff member

The alt server is zooming now that most of the d/l are from an outside source (primary).

Keep all your addons. No new versions yet. Though there will be soon*. We are switching gears for Motion 2 and CAM 3 immediately after release.

Max

*Alibre, 3DS, and all related entities do not claim to indicate any particular meaning of the word "soon". Soon can mean an instant or, in the scheme of the universe, several billion years. Depending on your interpretation of the word "soon" you may or may not be accurate in assuming a particular release schedule. :lol: :lol: (It's next on our plate until it's done).

ASP

Max said:
... several billion years ...
In about 2 billon years all terrestrial life will end, I hope Motion 2 is released until that :mrgreen:

bobster

Thanks, Max.
A word to the troops.
If you have Nortons Internet Security Suite, you will have to disable Insight & sonar, temprarily, to allow the install.

Max

Administrator
Staff member

all terrestrial life will end

Screw terrestrial by then. We'll be interdimensional by 2098. How the heck do you dimension in interdimensional space. Can you imagine the 2?D projection requirements? Orthographic suddenly loses all its sex appeal :D

bobster

Femdesigner works in 2012!

Pretty tricky, hit the alt key and the old menu bar comes up and thare sits Alibre FEA.
I think somebody named Max said that but I didn't quite "get it" at that time.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Grasshoppa - be one with your sensei and all will be ok :)

And, not to be technical (but that's what I get paid for), if it works in 2012 it's "FEMdesigner AD". FEMDesigner is the standalone. Interested in FEA for Alibre Design? Check out FEMDesigner.com.

Max

jhardy1

Upgraded my Account, downloaded, and installed - it all went "sweet as a nut", and everything seems to be working fine, including all my add-ons are functioning properly

It all looks so shiny and new - it's 'like an early Christmas present!